Arvoch Alliance SE - Crash during key config *INFO*

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
kmunoz
Ensign
Ensign

Arvoch Alliance SE - Crash during key config *INFO*

Post by kmunoz »

I'm setting up my T.16000M. I can set the axes but when I go to set the keys/buttons, the game crashes to the following error:

"Uncaught exception: Image 18 cannot be used as a texture whilst it is currently being used with SetRenderToImage"
kmunoz
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Crash during key config

Post by kmunoz »

If I try to set the keys before setting axes (i.e., I've already set the axes, crashed, then tried again but not setting axes first), the error is:

"Error: Invalid joystick button index, valid range is 1-64 in main.agc at line 115451"

As above, this is with a T.16000M joystick and throttle.

Pre-SE I did not have any issues. I am running the most recent version of the game.
kmunoz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kmunoz »

The crash presents itself right after I hit the key/button config button. I get a partial display of the throttle axes (no text, just the axis sliders) and then the game effectively freezes. If I switch to the task manager, I see the error message(s). Clicking OK on the message closes the game.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Was this an update from an older version (ie 1.X or 2.X)? Try changing the name of the 'keymap8.sw' file located in the '\Documents\ArvochAllianceSE' folder to something like 'keymap8-bak.sw', then launch and test the game for changes.

If that enables the game to work, please send me the backup copy of the original keymap8.sw file.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
kmunoz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kmunoz »

It was - and I did notice that the keybinds were only partially preserved. I will try that and report back.
kmunoz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kmunoz »

That was the solution, thanks. I've noticed a few other minor issues, so I think I will do a fresh install to see if that solves them. (Getting weird graphical glitches when mouse down on the navigation screen, for example.)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Ok, glad that sorted it. If graphical issues persist, I'll be happy to take a look at your system configuration to try and determine what may be happening. Steps for that are available here: https://www.starwraith.com/arvochalliance/faq.htm#8
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations