[EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.6! [w/auto-scripter]

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: [EL] MatchSounds 4.5 +Community Mods w/ Pre-Config Launcher**

Post by matchbox2022 »

Thanks Vice, looking into it more, it looks like it was a video memory issue since I'm running the game on a 512mb video card, pointers are evident with lower settings.

I'm testing another update (had some unexpected time off :p ) and will throw that in there if there's no issues with it "hopefully" in a big update.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: [EL] MatchSounds 5 +Community Mods w/ Pre-Config Launcher**

Post by matchbox2022 »

Updated to.....................Ver. 5 :)
A little more music, backgrounds, and some new interesting things to try.

In case people JUST want to try some of the new things like the holographics or CMs without a massive download.

You can download them here,
gauges-perch, and it is obviously for use with the perch cockpit.
gauges-def is the default cockpit
both need to be renamed to gauges and the appropriate one put into your hud folder

*Added more RAM freeing scripts to switchero.bat for very old systems running 2gb of ram with 32 bit Windows (7/8/10) for higher preformance. Added new memory reallocation script (which I found very useful) called 4gb tweaking on 32 bit Windows. System Restore point will be created in the event user wants to revert easily.
*Added more crash to desktop fix scripts
*Updated with known issue with Nvidia DSR
*Increased recovery archive to allow recovery of HQ files (issues on corruption, now fixed, if corrupted you may re-download or repair the exe file hrough winRAR and files will be restored which saves a big "Extra" download for some poeple).
*Tweaked holographic interface on hud to look better.
*Added 2 new music tracks, shortened many music tracks.
*Tweaked/Added HQ Nebulae .dds files.
*Fixed major bug with install of injectors where a users graphics and control settings may have been wiped out. Safe now.
*added two new CM textures
*switchero now correctly creates a desktop shortcut for launch pre-configs.
Changed switchero to not execute if installed incorrectly.
Attachments
rename .pngs to flare.png and install in ships\ in evo directory.
rename .pngs to flare.png and install in ships\ in evo directory.
flaregreen.png (46.38 KiB) Viewed 39148 times
flarered.png
flarered.png (22.37 KiB) Viewed 39148 times
gauges-def.txt
(110 Bytes) Downloaded 702 times
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: [EL] v5.0 [MatchSounds +Best Community Mods w/ EvoTweaker]

Post by matchbox2022 »

fixed some things. made some things. changes are downloadable in post.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: [EL] v5.0 [MatchSounds +Best Community Mods w/ EvoTweaker]

Post by Misunderstood Wookie »

Nice :). This must have taken a long time to complete.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: [EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v5.0 [w/pre-config launcher]

Post by matchbox2022 »

Hey guys,

For ppl who still play evochron, is there anything you can think of that is "mod-able" within reason that you'd like to have in the game?

A new capital ship, cockpits, etc comes to mind but I haven't the time to take such a thing on, so any suggestions of smaller things including textures, new sounds or new music could work.

New quests are a potential option. As well as a randomizer for sounds upon game launch.

I'd only do that if there's actual interest though, a quest for myself is kind of lame unless I can limit it to some kind of combat arena
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

I'd be interested in a new quest. Also, as difficult as it would be, a cockpit where the struts and canopy look the same from both the inside and the outside.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Might look into building a short story quest, maybe 4 jumps in total long. Maybe when there's more time next december if ppl are still playing.

In the meantime, some songs were too loud and I wanted to add a couple more, so here's a patch for the modpack, which will be updated with the tracks anyways.

Patch

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jxd4uedu4 ... cpatch.rar
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Deleted post - inaccurate
Last edited by matchbox2022 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

All the current quests (including the custom quests available at SeeJay's website) can be opened with Notepad. And, IIRC, SeeJay also has a copy of the Quest Kit with its rather extensive list of options which are available when scripting with the quest engine.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Thx for that.

I'll have some kind of experimental quest system with some user input through batch soon hopefully

In the meantime, there's a small update to the modpack which isn't part of the main mod download. It has some new backgrounds, music and sounds to try. No credits yet, I edited most of it myself most source material for music is not mine anyways. Most sounds in this patch aren't gonna change much, it's missing a new warp and explosion, but that's all that'll be added later and I need a concrete waypoint to make me focus on other life things atm, thus the patch is the patch atm.

Readme will be updated when I have a working"ish" short quest the way I want it then I can upgrade the modpack to ver 5.5! :P I expect it to be workable in a few weeks with user input through batch as it will check the players progress as vice has added the ability to export pilot info in intervals to text files. I'll also be adding new features to the batch which you can't do as easily in game which have come up recently, more pre-launch config options usually available through text files mostly (so you don't need to make them), a new Anti aliasing post shader, and a new glitcher.

The batch file has been updated to allow combat music to be shuffled before game launch....for people tired of listening to the same combat tracks, this will mix up the 3 and 2 hostile level tracks so if you rarely hear level 3, now you will. Gets some more variety into the game.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/35t9znyp1 ... _Patch.rar
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

The batchpack mod launcher has gone through a lot of recent updates to coincide with new file locations and scripts for troubleshooting and per-configuring for slow computers mostly..... as well as content that I've been slowly adding over the course of a year but have yet to post.
The change in files broke a lot of the functionality, add to that the sheer amount of new content, inefficiencies in the large download size and how the launcher works, as well as bug issues with sounds and music that's way too loud in the pack........ has made me decide to temporarily take it down as I test the new updated launcher and content.

As well as a trying out a function to essentially have a single use distress call / save yourself in singleplayer which could have a couple outcomes, which is still very much not finished in order to prevent exploits...I'd like to be able to give everyone who grabs the update and new players from steam mostly the chance to get the real impression I wanted to leave instead of downloading the old and frankly crude one. Should be back up in a few days.

Here's a taste of new stuff in the meantime.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/aihnxdmtf ... ewwarp.wav
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: [EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.1 [w/pre-config launcher]

Post by matchbox2022 »

Updated Pack v7.2

Added Russian overhaul from August Karro
http://it-karro.ru
http://crimea-karro.ru/

Completely Revamped batch launcher.
- Fixed Majority of bugs
- Fixed Majority of tracking issues
Added New VERY HQ Nebulae
Removed older low-res Nebulae from pack
Added More sounds & Music tracks
- Fixed all Music Track Volumes to be substantially lower and equalized
- Tweaked some textures to be used as Very High
- New Warp, Explosion, Gun and Outside Hull Sounds
Added Oblivion Cockpit
- Updated Credits
- Added EvoMetrics as it is still more or less useful in EL
- Increased Compression even further, now under 1GB again.
Added Alpha Quest I haven't tested yet :P

Plus everything in the ModPatch
Last edited by matchbox2022 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

You might want to also add a section to your first post offering smaller downloads of select mods. The quest being one of them. ;)
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Yeah true.
The smaller download isn't "too" small either, but 300mb I didnt think was awful
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

For those who already have the other stuff and just want what's new. :P
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

- I'll be uploading the quests as a dedicated link in a bit...need to edit mine a bit first as its setup to start wherever the player currently is, with the batch running, so it'll just end up being in sapphire instead.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kmv4r728m ... quests.exe
Framerates not being set fixed
Added patch to menu as quests weren't installing
Added a patch to the holographics as they were getting cut-off.7.23

Landing Markers not turning off fixed
incomplete elimination of russian when uninstalling fixed
added ability to silence new startup and mouse clicks 7.24

Added HQ Nebulae not displaying in-game - fixed
Even "more" compression attained for downloading 7.27
Added DX5 lossy compression textured Nebulae for lower bandwidth video cards
Made "small" version even smaller 7.29
Added a proper nebula without artifacting...all textures now dds for a ton of good reasons
added another music track :)
Should be live by this evening for the weekend 7.3
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: [EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.3 [w/pre-config launcher]

Post by matchbox2022 »

Fairly large update so I'm bumping this.

7.31 is being compiled and uploaded shortly to be ready for sunday :)

Changes are significant in the way of removing duplicate files, enhancing launcher installation efficiency, Creating more "gamma proof" textures, removing the low starfield (it looked like hot garbage), and re-balancing volumes, and compression of added music tracks.
Very few tracks will be at 500kbs, most at 320kbs and lower quality ones at their original 256kbs (upsampling was done by accident which simply adds space and no quality). The changes shaved about 20% off the download while retaining the recovery archive.
It's finally how I personally want it so probably no "big" updates of content until something breaks. If options are added through text files in the future Evochron updates then just a quick conditional statement in the launcher here and there as minor patching.
RobotB9
Ensign
Ensign

Re: [EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.31 [w/pre-config launcher]

Post by RobotB9 »

Great mod. Can you tell if it works with the VR version of the game?
WhiteFang
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by WhiteFang »

I am new to Evochron Legacy but have installed the modpack and it works well.

However each time I have to reinstall it as it says "Game isn't here" when I choose 0 to run.

But after reinstalling I can make mod changes again but otherwise it cannot find files.

I believe I do not have a permission issue as the username I log in as I have given all the ticks for permissions under Windows 10.

Anyone have any ideas?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Matchbox will probably need to give you a definitive answer. I do know that some files have been moved to a different default location and that might be part of the problem.
WhiteFang
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by WhiteFang »

Thanks Marvin :)
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Marvin wrote:Matchbox will probably need to give you a definitive answer. I do know that some files have been moved to a different default location and that might be part of the problem.
That might be part of the problem
if it's literally saying "GAME isn't here....?"
That displays if EvochronLegacy isn't in the same folder as the launcher....to be honest the launcher shouldn't have let you get to even install or turn on in that case through this script line

if not exist EvochronLegacy.exe GOTO STOPNOW

It's to avoid the window utterly crashing to desktop on the error and you sitting there with a blank expression.

The launcher also checks to see if EvochronData.evo exists before plowing ahead with installing.....if you tried copy pasting stuff then using the batch it would say something like "you changed some things around, this will still run but don't expect it all to work" with a popup "hey" window.

Guess I'm asking...do you have like two separate installs going on?

...there's also an EvochronLegacy.exe.BACKUP file which could have something to do with this....

IF the launcher is in the SAME folder as the game this really "shouldn't" be an issue, you certainly shouldn't need reinstalls
Other option is something in Windows is stopping the modlauncher from checking files, so maybe run it as administrator. (right-click , properties)
When you say "reinstall" do you mean the game or the launcher?
I'm updating the modpack a teeny bit today anyways, so I'm going to circumvent that error and make the launcher plow ahead with admin mode already on, with running the game with a set error level so maybe if it finds the backup file it'll use that instead.
Steam shouldn't affect this either but ill test it there regardless. I'm running the super old Windows 7....so my testing for windows 10 is limited...still shouldn't totally be breaking.
WhiteFang
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by WhiteFang »

Thanks matchbox!

Both files .exe and .evo are there in the same directory.

I have only 1 install and was from Steam.

The switchero.bat is in the same directory.

I have all users having all permissions and the desktop shortcut I can right-click and choose to run as admin but otherwise there is not that option like there is for a .exe.

edit - ahhhh, I think it is a windows 10 permission issue and I may know the fix shortly
WhiteFang
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by WhiteFang »

Tried this but did not work.

Open the folder property > Security tab > Advanced button
Change ownership to the Everyone Group
Important to do: Check replace owner on subcontainers and objects
Click okay

It will ask you if you want full control so click Yes. It will then change ownerships of all subsequent objects below the folder.

Click Ok out to the File Explorer.
Open the folder property > Security tab > Advanced button
Click add button to add a permission
Click on the text that says Select Principle
Add the Everyone Group
When you are back to the Advanced dialog box, or maybe the one before that, check the Full Control box
Check the "Only apply these permissions..." box
Important to do: check the "Replace all child object..." box.
Click ok
Click yes when it asks you to replace all descendants of this object. It will then do the replacing.
WhiteFang
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by WhiteFang »

I'm going to change the code. Getting no error other than game isn't here.