Show me: secrets & new challenges

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Saturnine
Ensign
Ensign

Show me: secrets & new challenges

Post by Saturnine »

Hey folks,

Having spent the last couple of months thoroughly loving the game, I know that there are many aspects of Legacy which have still 'flown under my radar' so to speak. I've spent most of my time exploring the combat aspects of the game. I have amassed hundreds of kills, laid waste to several enemy stations, and progressed to the point where the sight of several incoming Vonari interceptors no longer causes my heart to skip a beat. Now I'm hoping to branch out into new challenges and experiences. I'm not totally sure how to go about this, though, and I could use a push in the right direction! I would like some advice on the following topics:

New Combat Challenges: I've begun to find single-player combat a little too easy. Is there anything I can do to spike my pulse, besides try multiplayer combat (haven't done it yet)?

Exploration: I've hardly scratched the surface here, partly because I'm not entirely sure 'how it works'. In other words, I'm not sure how to engage in deep space navigation in an intelligent way. Plotting random points and hitting autopilot seems a bit crude. How do you folks plan deep spaces forays? How do you equip your ships? Does anybody use military frames for this? (I admit that one of the things which has slowed me down is that when I switch from military to civ, I feel like I've gone from being a sleek angel of death to a flying dump truck ;) )

Secrets: I'm aware that there are numerous, fairly well concealed 'secrets' in this game. I'm not asking for straight up spoilers, but I'd love some hints with regards to: (1) finding those non-Vonari aliens, (2) finding/constructing stealth drives, (3) any other interesting, anomolous, or rare stuff out there in the Legacy world. Where do I start?

P.S, I've completed both FDN quests. I definitely picked up quite a bit along the way, but I can't help but feeling I might have missed some obvious clues...
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Show me: secrets & new challenges

Post by Marvin »

Well, there is one more quest, located at SeeJay's website: http://www.evochron2.junholt.se/ ... but it's probably not as challenging as you'd like. Still, it might be worth a try. Just follow the link and click on the "Quest" button.
Saturnine
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Saturnine »

Cool, that looks fun. I'll try it out.

Can anyone confirm that these "Actarian" aliens I've heard rumor of do actually exist in game? Can one fight them? Do they have a homeworld?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Yes to all. 8)
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

They have cool ships as well! :)
DeathTech
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DeathTech »

Saturnine wrote:Hey folks,
Exploration: I've hardly scratched the surface here, partly because I'm not entirely sure 'how it works'. In other words, I'm not sure how to engage in deep space navigation in an intelligent way. Plotting random points and hitting autopilot seems a bit crude. How do you folks plan deep spaces forays? How do you equip your ships? Does anybody use military frames for this? (I admit that one of the things which has slowed me down is that when I switch from military to civ, I feel like I've gone from being a sleek angel of death to a flying dump truck ;) )

Secrets: I'm aware that there are numerous, fairly well concealed 'secrets' in this game. I'm not asking for straight up spoilers, but I'd love some hints with regards to: (1) finding those non-Vonari aliens, (2) finding/constructing stealth drives, (3) any other interesting, anomolous, or rare stuff out there in the Legacy world. Where do I start?

P.S, I've completed both FDN quests. I definitely picked up quite a bit along the way, but I can't help but feeling I might have missed some obvious clues...
The easy way to get started on regular exploration is to get a deploy module and loads of metal.
Then you want to go to regular run of the mill locations. You will want to place down a sensor station.
This will then display things on the navmap (F1).

If you see anything on it that is a "purple dot" aka NO IDentification objects, you should move towards them to identify them.
NOID objects can range from: Shipwrecks, crashed intel stations, hidden intel stations, special resource caches, etc...
For most of these they will release info upon bumping into them so don't be shy fly into that noid (unless its a container).

It will then give you recipes for stuff, or intel to other things, story messages, wormhole locations, you name it.

Other than that for deep space exploration. To be honest. There are a couple things you can do.
1. Jump anywhere and pray there is something there.
2. Jump from one system to another slowly by jump drive and hope you spot something.
3. Jump grid style from point to point hoping something shows up on sensors.
4. Get a group of people on MP and (insert repeat of 3 here).
5. Pick a direction. And keep flying that way until you spot something.

Those are my best bets. If anyone else has any idea's I'm sure they would share. ;)
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Saturnine wrote:Cool, that looks fun. I'll try it out.

Can anyone confirm that these "Actarian" aliens I've heard rumor of do actually exist in game? Can one fight them? Do they have a homeworld?
Any strong hints on where to find em / how to?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

SPOILER ALERT ... Head east out of Atlas. Keep going. Before Cerulean crosses your 3-9 line, you should be where you want to be.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

you might have to hang around for a (shortish) while when you get there - they will come and sniff you out though :)
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

SPOILER WARNING:
The map I created for Mercenary might still be helpful: http://mercenary.junholt.se/ 8)