spinning compass

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
DORN
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

spinning compass

Post by DORN »

Hi there,

Everything was working fine. I left the ship mining for a half hour in a nebula cloud. When I came back the compass was spinning madly and the gyro targets were flickering all over the place. And there was a control flight bias to the left. I unplugged the controls and replugged and that fixed the control bias shift, they work fine now but the spinning compass and flickering gyro I can't fix.

I tried exiting game and tried other saving again, etc. I checked my controller connections. I can't seem to remedy the problem.

Any ideas?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: spinning compass

Post by Marvin »

Try leaving the nebula. ;)
DORN
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DORN »

Hi Marvin,

I did. I went back to the station. saved and shut down the game. restarted. etc. and the compass still spins really fast.

Also, I did not having any problems in the nebula on a previous trip.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Observe your NAV damage indicator on the lower left cockpit display. It's likely below 100% since you probably took some EM damage from the nebula you were in. If you have a repair system installed on your ship, it will gradually repair over time and the problem will go away. If you do not have a repair system on your ship, then you'll need to dock at a station and perform manual repairs.

Nebula clouds vary. Some will be highly charged enough to cause damage, others won't. It also varies within a nebula, you might have some pockets of higher rate damage and pocket of less frequent damage.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
DORN
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DORN »

Sigh.....

You are right.

I had no idea you would take damage in a nebula that needed repairing at a station.

Was it that way in EM???

Hit the repair button. Problem solved.

It's kind of like a nebula mining tax.

EL is going to the dogs.

Well...come to think of it , that happened a long time ago.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

::) The only dogs in EL are the Vonari kind. Nebulae, on the other hand, are more diverse.