[EL 1.0308] Can't play in 1920x1080 *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Gpezzini
Ensign
Ensign

[EL 1.0308] Can't play in 1920x1080 *FIXED*

Post by Gpezzini »

Hi there.
I've just bought the Evochron Legacy on steam. I got the black screen with music on the background.
After doing some research, I tried to reintall the game, update graphic card drivers, verify the game on steam, restart my computer....none of these worked
Than, i changed the resolution on my computer to 1366x768, and it worked.
However, whenever I try to change the resolution ingame or in my computer to 1920, i get the black screen again.
Is there any way I can play this game on 1920x1080?

Ty
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can't play in 1920x1080

Post by Vice »

Please follow the posting guidelines of this section of the forum: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtop ... =26&t=4651

Without knowing technical specifics, it can be difficult to pin down a cause and solution. Initially, I would suggest these first steps in troubleshooting the problem:

- Check your desktop scaling setting. If it's at a non-default value, such as 125%, set it to the standard 100% and try the game again.

- Launch the game in 1366X768, change the 'Screen Mode' settings in the Options menu to 'Locked (FS) No Vsync', then exit the game, change the resolution back to 1920X1080 and try again.

- Locate the DXSETUP.EXE program in the \Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Evochron Legacy\_CommonRedist\DirectX folder and run that. Once finished, try launching the game to test.

- If it's active, turn off the Steam overlay to see if it's not working with your display setup at that resolution.

- Disable any unneeded 3rd party software that may be running in the background at the same time, especially anything display/graphics related.

If the problem continues, please follow the steps here to send me a zipped msinfo report on your system (no need to include the save game, just the zipped msinfo report): http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegacy/faq.htm#208
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Gpezzini
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Gpezzini »

Vice wrote:Please follow the posting guidelines of this section of the forum: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtop ... =26&t=4651

Without knowing technical specifics, it can be difficult to pin down a cause and solution. Initially, I would suggest these first steps in troubleshooting the problem:

- Check your desktop scaling setting. If it's at a non-default value, such as 125%, set it to the standard 100% and try the game again.

- Launch the game in 1366X768, change the 'Screen Mode' settings in the Options menu to 'Locked (FS) No Vsync', then exit the game, change the resolution back to 1920X1080 and try again.

- Locate the DXSETUP.EXE program in the \Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Evochron Legacy\_CommonRedist\DirectX folder and run that. Once finished, try launching the game to test.

- If it's active, turn off the Steam overlay to see if it's not working with your display setup at that resolution.

- Disable any unneeded 3rd party software that may be running in the background at the same time, especially anything display/graphics related.

If the problem continues, please follow the steps here to send me a zipped msinfo report on your system (no need to include the save game, just the zipped msinfo report): http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegacy/faq.htm#208
Hi there. I did all the steps above and one of them (not sure which) actually fixed the game for now. I'll get in contact if I get another problem.
Thank you so much for your support.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Ok, glad it's sorted, thanks for the follow up. I would be interested in which of the steps did solve the issue along the way, just to provide more precise advice in the future for anyone else that might run into the issue. Seems to be very rare and maybe associated with certain driver versions and/or certain settings (ie scaling) on certain versions of Windows (10). So it's been kind of elusive and tricky to pin down.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations