[EL 1.0308] Blurred text etc on menu's etc *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Tanvaras
Ensign
Ensign

[EL 1.0308] Blurred text etc on menu's etc *FIXED*

Post by Tanvaras »

Hello all,

Got a small update tonight, and once its installed I now have Blurry Text on the menu's and such. ALl settings are correct, playing 1920 x 1080, redownloaded the game to no avail. Happened since the update today (Steam version)

AMD FX 8350
GTX 960
16 Gig DDR 3

Its hard to play with the text blurry, actually makes my eye's water heh!
WeirdWill
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Blurred text etc on menu's etc

Post by WeirdWill »

I got an 96 mb update on Steam but I haven't noticed blurry texts. Maybe on the hud scanner etc is a bit blurrier which could come from the smoothing option (not sure). But in the regular menus is perfectly readable for me on 1920x1080 (GTX 760, I7)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Haven't had such a thing reported yet. I'd be interested in seeing some screenshots (attached to an e-mail and sent to me via starwraith.com > contact) along with a zipped msinfo report on your system. I'd also like to know what settings you may be using in the Nvidia control panel and in the game's main Options menu.

The recent update yesterday didn't change the game itself, it only placed the _CommonRedist folder and DirectX installer in the game's folder for those who may need updated DirectX files. So it may be related to something else outside the game that occurred recently on your system. For example, if you recently changed your desktop scaling to 125%, that could produce blurry image quality in the game and you'd either need to return it to default 100% scaling or switch the game to a 'Locked (FS)' screen mode.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Tanvaras
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tanvaras »

Hello Vice,

Thanks for the fast reply. But I have sorted it, I derped it had a mod installed which was causing it. I missed that when checking and when I reinstalled the mod was still in the existing folder. Game is running tip top again and having a blast :)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

OK, thanks for the follow up and reported solution.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations