Tactical question

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
Nemesis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Tactical question

Post by Nemesis »

I know there is athread about combat tactics, but I was not sure, if I may post a question there, so I decided on opening a new thread.
The Phoenix is trapped inside the Silva-Nebula and my squad is assigned to fight a way out of it. There are two Neptune class bombers. To protect the Phoenix I destroy them first. While I destroy the Neptunes, my squad is blasted to hell. As soon as I destroy the second Neptune, all remaining ships (at least one Predator, one or two Wraiths and one Aries) concentrate their fire on my craft (the only enemy craft left). Naturally, it takes them only seconds to destroy my Evoch. Do you have any suggestions which enemy fighters are to be destroyed first?
There will come a day, when those, who are Vonari, strengthen their claws to join the hunt.
We are Vonari. Ours is the prey, ours is the honor.
Our enemies shall shiver at the sound of our voice, when we take revenge on those who tried to crush us at the dawn of our race.
-Vonarian Warrior-Oath-
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Tactical question

Post by verbosity »

what commands are you giving to you squad?

be a bit more active in commanding them - get them to take out the neptunes with you.
keep them close so when they are destroyed you can pick up the pods and get them new ships;)
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
Nemesis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Tactical question

Post by Nemesis »

I order my squad to engage the enemy...

It's difficult enough to stay alive! I do not have time to play babysitter for ejected pilots!
There will come a day, when those, who are Vonari, strengthen their claws to join the hunt.
We are Vonari. Ours is the prey, ours is the honor.
Our enemies shall shiver at the sound of our voice, when we take revenge on those who tried to crush us at the dawn of our race.
-Vonarian Warrior-Oath-
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Tactical question

Post by verbosity »

yeah which option though? my target or closest enemy? get them to assist taking out the neptunes

you may need to save your pilots later on!!!
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

Tactical question

Post by tha_rami »

Try having your squad attack your target (F2, F2) while focussing on the Neptunes. Then, when you take them out, focus on the other ships by having them attack hostiles (F2, F3). Nebula fights are quite difficult. Stay alert for sudden attacks and make sure you choose an extremely fast or extremely armored ship. Remember that you'll likely want to use missiles to take out the Neptunes fast.
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Tactical question

Post by Vice »

It's difficult enough to stay alive! I do not have time to play babysitter for ejected pilots!
That line should probably go in one of the fan fiction stories or something, it's great! :) A pilot returns from a difficult mission and gets chewed out by his commanding officer about not providing enough rescue support to his wingmen. He replies with this line.

As for your question, go with Verbosity and Rami's advice. I'd also recommend focusing your attack on the Neptunes first (and any other ships that may decide to attack Phoenix), try to pick them off one at a time with collective attacks. Once the Phoenix is safe, direct attacks to targeted ships in the same way (you can then change your target and attack a different ship so your squadron is engaging two at a time). The key to missions like this is speed and directing focused attacks (using frequent target selection and orders) will usually help take out hostile ships faster, reducing the time given for the reinforcements to arrive.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations