[EL] To Devs: Minor bug report (1) *FIXED 1.0248*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Benzin
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Benzin »

I found what i think are some minor bugs in Evochron legacy, i tought id report them to the devs. If they are not in fact bugs and im doing something wrong, please ignore :)

1.- Hangar and cargo hold having items with zero count.
Built an anti missile system from blueprints on the engeneering lab. after that my hangar had a few occupied slots wich contained zero units of materials, e.g. 0 diamonds, 0 fusion units. And they still count as a slot on the hangar/cargo bay. The consolidate button did nothing to fix it.

Transfered those to my cargo hold, and the station bought the zero diamonds from me, but not the others, had to undock and jettison them to get rid of them.
This happened several times more.
I was able to reproduce this again.

2.- While using the large/zoomed version of the navigation map, i zoomed in and out a lot of times (was looking for a particular sector). When all of the sudden the grid just dissapeared. it was etiher gone (no grid at all) or very very small, like when you zoom out almost about to switch to quadrant view.
This has only happened once, i have not been able to reproduce it, maybe a minor glitch i suppose?

3.- (not sure if bug or strange feature): When i created my profile i left the "Econ/tech levels" option checked, the tech levels did change constantly, but never, not once after 70 hours of play did i get a charted system with a tech level of 100.
Is it supposed to be like this? NEVER having a 100 lvl system?

Hope this helps, if you need any help or aditional information i will be happy to help.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

For #1, please send me the saved profile (starwraith.com > contact) indicating the 0 quantity items.

For #2, it may be insufficient memory available that may have caused that. The grid object actually rebuilds itself when needed, so if it can't texture the surface, it could suggest the memory may not have been available at that time. Another possible symptom of that is an all-white map surface rather than all-black. If you can reproduce it (indicating a particular sequence of events can cause it), please send the steps to me.

For #3, it would generally come down to what you did during that 70 hours of gameplay. In multiplayer, you may find a lot more building going, so with more production and storage modules in some sectors, a high 80-90's tech system could be easily pushed too around 100. Default primary regions with high tech levels will generally be focused in the middle of the quadrant (in and around Sapphire). Even if you didn't build though, starting out, Sapphire should generally be at or near 100 by default. So that would also raise the question of where you travelled to look for higher tech regions.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Benzin
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Benzin »

Hi, i will gladly send you the profile. Since i have the steam version of the game, its the one under my documents folder, right? there are no pilot save files on the steam directory.
Problem is that the save file will not contain items with zero count on the cargo bay or hangar, as i jettison them (sorry, i should have saved and backup to show you).
Give me a little time to gather more materials to build another anti missile and reproduce the problem, and ill save and send you the profile that shows the problem.

For #2, i will keep an eye out to see if it happens again, and if it does, i will try to discover if there is a sequence of steps to reproduce it.

For #3, every time i loaded the game i went into quadrant view of the nav panel, looked at each quadrant, the highest it got was 95 on saphire. I did this every time i loaded the game (for every quadrant) as i was looking for a lvl 100 quadrant to find a mantis.

On the new profile i started, with the "Econ/tech levels" disabled, saphire is 100 right away.
I understand that with this option enabled tech will change based on other things besides my actions and it did as expected. But it seemed strange that never in all those hours was there a single system with lvl100.

Will send you the save file as soon as im able to reproduce the zero item issue.

thanks!
Bodega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Bodega »

Benzin: Unless you specifically set it to use your My Documents folder, then your save files are in c:\\sw3dg\\EvochronLegacy

The 'My Documents' folder location is a Steam backup for the cloud saves.
pilotnewbextraordinaire
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by pilotnewbextraordinaire »

I have also noticed the zero count items. I'm not exactly sure if it was from creating items in the lab or from consolidating items in the hanger. Coincidentally, I was building an anti-missle system when I noticed it but that's the only thing that I've actually built so far.

I'll make one for myself one day but the 4 that I've built so far have been sold for a hefty sum. :cool:
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

For #1, I have been able to pin down the cause for cargo or hangar bays with 0 quantity items being listed. Should now be fixed for the next update.
StarWraith 3D Games
Benzin
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Benzin »

I have not been able to reproduce it, went to the same station, built the same anti missile system, and this time it dint happen.

Maybe the ammount of materials on the hangar was diferent and it only happens with certain ammounts, i dunno.

In any case, im glad you found the problem.

Sorry i couldnt be of more help.
From post: 186488, Topic: tid=12522, author=Vice wrote: For #1, I have been able to pin down the cause for cargo or hangar bays with 0 quantity items being listed. Should now be fixed for the next update.
Benzin
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Benzin »

Hi Vice, it seems its happening again (#1). It happened on the hangar and on my cargo bay after consolidating.

This time i did copy my save file, should i send it yo you?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Yes, please do, along with the steps to reproduce it. In the meantime, it should still allow you to discard and/or possibly sell off such 0 quantity bays.
StarWraith 3D Games
Benzin
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Benzin »

Sent you an email with the save file, a screenshot of the problem, and instructions.

Yes, this time getting rid of the zero item is easy, i was able to discard them and sell them. Its not a major problem by any means really.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Fixed in 1.0278, the system now automatically clears any hangar bays that are emptied.
StarWraith 3D Games
pilotnewbextraordinaire
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by pilotnewbextraordinaire »

Thank you Vice for getting that resolved. I was hoping that selling something to the station at zero quantity would net a profit. No, iit never did. :/