[EL] Voice Log

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Janus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

[EL] Voice Log

Post by Janus »

I am working on a voice log recorder. It will record and output in wav format and will have a hotkey combination that will toggle recording states. The user will specify the location to save the log recording and the base filename. The actual filename will be basename-YYYY-MM-DD--HH-MM.wav.

Example ELLog-2016-03-01--18-46.wav

The user will be able to specify the hotkey. Ex. CTRL + R, Alt + L, etc. Unfortunately I haven't been able to make Ctrl, Alt, and Shift keys work together as modifiers like CTRL + Shift + V or such and that's most of what I've been working on for the last 2 weeks. Finally just gave it up as a bad job and am working on stuff that I can actually solve.

Would anyone be interested in such a program?
ADMIN Starport 6
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Voice Log

Post by Marvin »

I think the NumPad Delete key is free for SP and for any MP server not using voice chat. Maybe.
Janus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Voice Log

Post by Janus »

This isn't for chat. This is a log program. It saves what is said. It doesn't transmit data anywhere but to the client's hard drive in wav format. And you won't have to use a keystroke combination. It will be possible to bind the toggle to a regular single key, although this isn't recommended. And of course, the recorder app can be in the background. Which is what was giving me trouble with combining the modifier keys. It works when it's a single modifier key, but doesn't work (or more likely, I don't know enough to make it work) with more than 1 modifier key.
ADMIN Starport 6
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Voice Log

Post by Marvin »

From post: 186699, Topic: tid=12542, author=Janus wrote:This isn't for chat.
Which is why you can use the voice chat key if you don't plan to use it for voice chat. :cool:
Janus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Voice Log

Post by Janus »

Oh. Hadn't thought of that. Well, work proceeds on it. Core functionality is done, just need to add a few more things and it'll be ready.
ADMIN Starport 6
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Voice Log

Post by Marvin »

:cool: This should be easier than taking screen shots of messages and pasting them to Paint. Assuming I can stand the sound of my own voice. ;)
Kamiyami
Ensign
Ensign

Voice Log

Post by Kamiyami »

Sounds really handy to me. Any chance for maybe an overlay display that would list/playback your voice logs? Seems like it'd be a really convenient feature for quick referencing navigational notes, PoI's, etc on the fly. Hope we get a working version soon! :D
Janus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Voice Log

Post by Janus »

Ok, it's done. I was rather concerned when I ran it through VirusTotal as I got a false positive. The version of Bkav that virustotal runs gave a positive of HW32.Packed.DE85 . So I went to the BKav website and ran it through their file checker there. Link below shows they found no virus.

http://quetvirus.vn/analyse_file.aspx?A ... 2F89694CF_

Just for information sake, below is the link to the VirusTotal scan results.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/ac60 ... 458085978/

Below is the link where you can download the Voice Log setup file.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n2mm6 ... LSetup.exe

Let me know if you find any bugs. There shouldn't be, but that's what all of us programmers say.;)

Oh, and SeeJay, feel free to post this to your site if you wish.

[Edited on 3-16-2016 by Janus]
ADMIN Starport 6
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Voice Log

Post by matchbox2022 »

From post: 186728, Topic: tid=12542, author=Janus wrote:Ok, it's done. I was rather concerned when I ran it through VirusTotal as I got a false positive.
EXACTLY WHAT A HACKER WOULD SAY :P

dun dun dunnnn

good work though.
Do, or do not, there is no try.
- An Asian father.
Janus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Voice Log

Post by Janus »

Thanks. There were times I was about to pull my hair out. I still would have preferred multiple modifiers, but for some odd reason, that just didn't work.

And sorry about the readme.txt file. Don't know how that got to be a zero length file.

[Edited on 3-16-2016 by Janus]
ADMIN Starport 6