Latest Saitek / MadKatz HOTAS Drivers

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
Bodega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Bodega »

These are kind of hidden but work real well for me. I have the X52, and there are few things that don't work but they are noted. They are the MFD brightness is always on, little stuff but these drivers worked great in Windows 10 and mapped my throttle correctly.

The beta ones get updated every few months and were in a different place than the regular drivers.

Here is the website, it's MadKatz that has the actual drivers. These drivers are the latest that work with Windows 10. I had the Saitek drivers and they weren't as up to date as these ones: http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledgebase ... 0/windows-...

If you're running Windows 10, 64 Bit, the X-55 drivers are specifically here: ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/beta/Windows10/

The ftp link I posted above is the same one that the Madcatz.Kayako.com website will take you to if you click the orange button. There are some instructions there. It's an official website. The website that's in the canned email response doesn't even have drivers, I installed them once and it was like Pro-Flight for Flight Sim X.

I hope this helps, jump on our discord server and I'll help you step by step if you need.

If you don't trust me google: Saitek Windows 10 beta drivers to get to the same page above. They were last updated for the X52 and X55 in Nov. 15 and Sept 15.

[Edited on 2-13-2016 by Bodega]
Eduardolicious
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Eduardolicious »

fwiw, i reformatted win10 this weekend and installed the latest january non-beta X55 drivers from scratch to resolve a bunch of issues, and MOSTLY everythings working except my F knob doesnt seem to be calibrated/working correctly. it could be that mines just defective/broken and the timing happened to match up this weekend, but ionno. i'm curious to see if anyone else has a similar issue once people try these drivers out

seriously i love my x55 but madcatz drivers/software is just a nonstop nightmare of awfulness
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

What location specifically did you download the January 2016 drivers from?
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Delta99
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Delta99 »

I was just about to grab an X52 but then read that there are problems using it with USB3. Is this the case or do these beta drivers take care of such issues?

Seems the only solution is to install separate USB2 card or something but that isn't possible on some laptops for instance. Or I suppose its possible but not easy and not worth doing just to support something like X52.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

I have mine hooked to a USB3 with no problems so far. I believe USB ports are backward compatible.

[Edited on 2-17-2016 by 49rTbird]
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

It might largely be an issue on Windows 10 systems, while not so much with Windows 7/8. At least that's the impression I got reading posts around the net while researching the X55 issues in Windows 10. Some disabled USB 3 in BIOS, for others, things seemed to work fine. As with the X55 issues, there seems to be inconsistencies in results.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Bodega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Bodega »

Delta99, I can also say that the beta drivers took care of the USB3 problem I was having.
Before the newer Win10 drivers came out if I tried to unplug my X52 my mouse would stop working and keyboard would stop. That doesn't happen anymore.

I didn't see any newer drivers at: ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/beta/Windows10/

Where did you get those drivers Eduardo? The only place I can find the latest drivers is the ftp site above.
Eduardolicious
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Eduardolicious »

i got them at http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

drill down thru the menu for Pro Flight -> X55 -> win10-64

version is 7.0.53.6 signed on jan 26

Bodega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Bodega »

Eduardo, thank you very much for that. I am downloading them for the X52. I didn't realize that mine were under pro because I don't have the pro but sure enough the latest X52 are there and the version numbers are much newer. I'm gonna get my X52 back from the friend I just lent it to. He's been using it for Star Citizen. I love the mouse/keyboard direction control scheme but I'll try these new drivers. I've been using the beta drivers and, while they're not perfect, they did work better than the older ones.

Just to compare, the drivers I'm going from and to:
to
Same as yours. I'll report back if I have any issues.

I also agree Eduardo that the drivers have been a nightmare. When I first bought this stick it worked great. Then the drivers just got worse and worse until eventually I found older drivers that worked. Now I have to set a deadzone on my throttle because it doesn't zero properly. The MFD brightness has no effect and the LCD would cut off the word 'Profile'. This is all stuff they said they new about under their bugs section. Now I can't go back to older drivers because if I disconnect the joystick it'll hang the whole computer, so I was happy with the newest beta drivers but am eager to try these out.

Thanks for the info, I'm glad I learned that.
Eduardolicious
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Eduardolicious »

yeah on my 55 i had the same problem as you where unplugging the usb cable would make the entire system crap the bed. it also prevented windows from putting the monitor to sleep anytime it was plugged in so it was DOUBLY annoying having to constantly plug/unplug the thing

especially since i built mine into my chair...lol

[Edited on 2-17-2016 by Eduardolicious]
Delta99
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Delta99 »

They are supposed to be but that doesn't mean there aren't tons of issues with stuff that does not work with USB3 when it really should.

All I see are people complaining about X52 and not to even bother unless you can install a USB2 card. But maybe the latest drivers finally have fixed this.
From post: 185467, Topic: tid=12432, author=49rTbird wrote:I have mine hooked to a USB3 with no problems so far. I believe USB ports are backward compatible.
[Edited on 2-17-2016 by 49rTbird]