LEGACY - Attention cockpit modders! *THIS!*

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Quoted from:
Legacy cutom kit readme

" ...you can also specify a custom cockpit for each ship individually by adding the frame number to the end of the \\hud folder in its name. For example, if you wanted to specify a custom cockpit for the Talon in the game, simply add the number 1 to the end of the \\hud folder so it reads \\hud1. This way, the custom cockpit will apply only for that ship type and not the others."

Believe me. If I had any talent or ability to make custom pits that believably matched each individual ship frame, I would.
Hopefully there are mod artists out there that feel the same way I do. :cool:
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
Bodega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Bodega »

I agree, there were some really nice looking cockpits for AA and EM. The Silicum series comes to mind. I think "Oh I want to make a cockpit", then I look at the stuff other people produce and delete the textures/meshes I was working on. :P Some real quality work. Can't wait to see what gets produced.
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Post by Rubber Chicken »

From post: 182925, Topic: tid=12236, author=Bodega wrote: Can't wait to see what gets produced.
Neither can I! :cool:

After looking around the shipyard options, I think I'm more than likely going to be focusing on civilian-class ships.

I really like the new detail of the current game-provided cockpit, but honestly, I can only see a few frames on the list that would really fit with the new style civvie pit. I think if there ever were added mods that focused on each of the frames, I'd still choose a frame that seemed most likely to fit with the stock cockpit, but I wouldn't want it for all of them.

The Arrow (one of my favorites), for example, has a design that in EM was basically described as made to be a local-level militia fighter - not quite a full-fledged military craft, but designed with combat in mind. The new model even appears to have that kind of pedigree, but with the new pit looking like a futuristic cargo van interior, it kinda breaks the feel of it.

That same cockpit on something like the Mammoth replacement might fit perfectly though.

I guess it's just a matter of time and patience and hoping there's someone who can make the cockpits I wish I could.

[Edited on 1-20-2016 by Rubber Chicken]

[Edited on 1-20-2016 by Rubber Chicken]
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 182936, Topic: tid=12236, author=Rubber Chicken wrote:That same cockpit on something like the Mammoth replacement might fit perfectly though.
:cool: Yup, it's close enough for government work when it comes to my Centurion.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Misunderstood Wookie »

Looks like I'll be updating my overhaul project lol. For different console icons and cockpit gfx per hull. What I need though is a save file with each hull as a test anyone got one?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: I've got the save file ... it's called JSGME (available at SeeJay's website).
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Misunderstood Wookie »

Cheers