[EL 1.0138 or higher] Increase size of 3D radar...

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

With the introduction of version 1.0138, the game can now scale the displays where they are placed in addition to the 3D radar sphere. This allows you to change the size of each of theses displays without having to relocate them closer to the camera. New lines have been added to the gauges.txt file for the new options and I've attached a sample file to this post (place in the \\hud folder to activate).

This example is just to show how you can increase the size of the radar and apply necessary offsets for placement as may be needed. While this file works with the default cockpits, increasing the size of the radar will mean rendering parts of it outside of the display frame behind it. So this is just an example to show how it can be done for custom cockpits. If you have the 3D cockpit turned off, then you can adjust the shadow layer as may be needed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Misunderstood Wookie »

Cheers Vice, I'll update my mod for the new changes soon.

The Dev has been on steam lately and I'm aware of intentions to make scaling, I believe he's including some extra goodies in the mod kit too.

Thanks for the heads up didn't expect an update this soon but I'll update my mod after I test scaling out.

[Edited on 2/2/2016 by Misunderstood Wookie]