AcXtrnal.DLL ??

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

AcXtrnal.DLL ??

Post by matchbox2022 »

I'm lucky I kept the save file...because I seem to be missing this file..
Shortly after a windows update on Win 7 embedded, and after refuelling, I got this error. Not sure if it's hardware related to the joystick, but....it was a show stopper. Game would crash to desktop continually no matter what I did until I system restored.
Can't find this file anywhere, don't know why it's used.
This is the error I'm getting.
Thank god for pilot profiles.

Faulting application name: EvochronLegacy.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x566d9a27
Faulting module name: AcXtrnal.DLL, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bd98a
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00008518
Faulting process id: 0x8ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d15a9dd9fa4346
Faulting application path: C:\\sw3dg\\EvochronLegacy\\EvochronLegacy.exe
Faulting module path: C:\\Windows\\AppPatch\\AcXtrnal.DLL
Report Id: 9900762d-c6cf-11e5-bae9-0015c54f0603

Game is working right now, but I'd rather it not happen again and want to bring the crash to desktop error from the log to your attention.
Apparently (not 100% sure) it's related to winxp compatibility mode...which was on (I don't remember doing that...)
Turned it off, but it still crashed to desktop regardless of that setting.

It was crashing right past the intro video. The music is heard very briefly for the pilot profile select menu and the game quickly proceeded to crash.

[Edited on 1-29-2016 by matchbox2022]
Do, or do not, there is no try.
- An Asian father.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

AcXtrnal.DLL ??

Post by Vice »

Doesn't look like something related to the game, it's a Windows DLL that ran into a problem while running the game. Perhaps the update hadn't yet finished installing/cleaning up or the DLL ran into some other unrelated problem. It can be the result of problems with the file itself. If it happens again, I'd suggest running a system file check on that setup:

Open the command prompt at admin level, type in sfc /scannow and allow the process to finish. Then resume testing.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

AcXtrnal.DLL ??

Post by matchbox2022 »

From post: 183814, Topic: tid=12333, author=Vice wrote: Doesn't look like something related to the game, it's a Windows DLL that ran into a problem while running the game. Perhaps the update hadn't yet finished installing/cleaning up or the DLL ran into some other unrelated problem. It can be the result of problems with the file itself. If it happens again, I'd suggest running a system file check on that setup:

Open the command prompt at admin level, type in sfc /scannow and allow the process to finish. Then resume testing.
Tried that, ended up with the infamous Windows 7 loop. I think there's just a driver issue somewhere and hopefully nothing to do with the game.
Having said that I disconnected a few things and can boot in again and the game is still loading.
I had said it might've been due to the nature of the issue and regarding potentially joystick issues if the dll was associated with HID devices.

Hopefully this is solved and will stay that way. Hard drive was new but managed a surface scan on my XP hard drive to the Win 7 one on external instead. Thx vice.

[Edited on 1-30-2016 by matchbox2022]

[Edited on 1-30-2016 by matchbox2022]
- An Asian father.
NLS
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

AcXtrnal.DLL ??

Post by NLS »

Time for Win10...

(waiting for flame - yet I insist on the above)
---
NLS
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

AcXtrnal.DLL ??

Post by matchbox2022 »

I think my laptop would literally explode if I put that on her.
core 2 duo woooooooot
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

AcXtrnal.DLL ??

Post by Misunderstood Wookie »

This is likely related to not patching windows 7 with sp1 but have a look at these.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/ ... _uninstall

Second url is a tool which was widely used by myself when I was still using win7.

P. S if you can run 7 you can run 8.1 or 10. I'd forget about 8 though,l. I can tell you that 10 runs fine on a core 2 due because I did it and it runs on a core 2 quad, a family friend uses. He got the CPU from me haha.

So if you want to jump on over into windows 10 which is from my experience as iv used everything from 95 editions through to 10 (includes server editions except win 2000) has been pretty good. Win 10 at least seems to self repair the boot partition unlike windows 7 and you won't need to enable the SSD trim. Performance wise in my useage boot time reduced by 4sec and hibernation resume is instant. This said win 8 was about the same, though 10 is a lot better than 8.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Sony Xenia Z5
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

AcXtrnal.DLL ??

Post by matchbox2022 »

still, they do updates withou your goahead and collect information. I personally am not for it.
- An Asian father.