[EL] Crashing at <Activating HUD/Displays> *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
keenerb
Ensign
Ensign

Post by keenerb »

"Evochron Legacy has stopped working. A problem has caused blah blah blah Close Program."

Windows 8.1, AMD 7870 video card, already tried updating all drivers.

No idea where to find any actual crash information...
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Generally interference issues from outside factors will cause that. Considering the card you are using, are you also running the 'AMD Gaming Evolved (aka 'Raptr') program in the background at the same time? If so, disabling it should allow the game to run as it needs to. If the problem persists, a msinfo report should be me troubleshoot possible causes:

http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegacy/faq.htm#208

No need to include the save game, just the zipped msinfo report.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

From post: 183772, Topic: tid=12328, author=keenerb wrote:"Evochron Legacy has stopped working. A problem has caused blah blah blah Close Program."

Windows 8.1, AMD 7870 video card, already tried updating all drivers.

No idea where to find any actual crash information...
Did you by chance look at your task manager, aka see how much ram you're using? (my setup takes at least 3GB free)/ change the settings to low? Or did this just start happening / you've played before no issue?
Sorry about the obvious solutions but they're sometimes forgotten or assumed that "no way can't be that"

For me it used to be the sound codec issue, and it wouldn't give any error just a CTD. You can check event viewer to see application specific errors.
Otherwise Vice is amazingballs and will get you sorted *crossed fingers*

[Edited on 1-29-2016 by matchbox2022]

[Edited on 1-29-2016 by matchbox2022]
Do, or do not, there is no try.
- An Asian father.
keenerb
Ensign
Ensign

Post by keenerb »

From post: 183773, Topic: tid=12328, author=Vice wrote: Generally interference issues from outside factors will cause that. Considering the card you are using, are you also running the 'AMD Gaming Evolved (aka 'Raptr') program in the background at the same time? If so, disabling it should allow the game to run as it needs to. If the problem persists, a msinfo report should be me troubleshoot possible causes:

http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegacy/faq.htm#208

No need to include the save game, just the zipped msinfo report.
This was exactly my problem. I found the crash report in event viewer and tracked down the LTC-something dll it was complaining about.

I would have updated my original post but it was in limbo due to being a new user.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Thanks for the follow up. The DLL in question is usually ltc_game32-106568.dll, which doesn't have anything to do with the game itself.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations