[EL Demo] Game freezes when firing weapons *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
RedLuck
Ensign
Ensign

Post by RedLuck »

Hi !
I can Fly is smooth as glass, but when I fire my weapons I initially get a stream of red bolts that slows, and eventually the game freezes for the period of time the guns are active.
If I hold the trigger down the game eventually stops for a good 30 seconds.
It seems like a buffer is filling and once full, freezes the game. It does not clear however, as once this has happened, even 10 minutes of smooth flight later, as soon as I fire my guns it freezes instantly.
System: Win10, i7, 8Gb, GTX560, Realtek Onboard sound.

Any ideas?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

No idea on that one. Does sounds like the system has problems with the building audio channels during playback for gunfire. Are you running any other audio software or using non-default settings for your sound device? What kind of processor are you running? Do you have more than one active audio device in the hardware manager, or only the Realtek is listed?
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
RedLuck
Ensign
Ensign

Post by RedLuck »

Solved !

TL : DR If you have a Speedlink "Black Widow" Joystick uninstall the "official" drivers and let the Windows ones take over !

Full answer:-

Although I would never have guessed it ! Turns out a played called MezzerliptikJay had the same (on Steam):-

They suggested:-
"sounds very similar to the issue i was having with my new Speedlink Black Widow XE joystick, everytime i pressed the trigger the game would come to a crawl and stutter like mad and also happened when trying to decend onto planets, the issue was fixed for me by deleting the joystick drivers and using only the ones that microsoft provide, downside to that is you loose the built in vibration on the joystick"

Turns out that was exactly what it was, excellent Demo, excellent game !

[Edited on 1-24-2016 by RedLuck]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Interesting, I wouldn't have guess that either :) Thanks for the follow up and solution.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations