[EL 1.0108] 7680x1440 resolution not working *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Rangoon
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Rangoon »

I am using triple 16:9 1440p displays. I tried both windowed mode ("optimized") and forced (both with v sync), and tried resolutions set to both 7680x1440 and "optimised" but nothing is working. I get EL to display across all three screens, but it stretches it horizontally. For example, the main menu screen (excluding the background texture), which is supposed to appear basically square stretches into a rectangle and extends beyond the center screen. Also, circles appear as ovals.

I had nVidia drivers set to surround mode, and this works fine in other games. But for now have disabled that and am using 2560x1440 (optimized/optimized).

Is this just something not supported? Is there something I can change in an ini file or other tweak to get this to work? The proper resolution does appear in the drop down list for resolution. It just doesn't work properly.

It's also not just a matter of 3D FOV stretching/fish-eye which you get with titles like Elite: Dangerous or Arma. The 2D user interface is also stretched. So it appears to be an aspect ratio problem.

Thanks!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

You're on the right track with adjusting the aspect ratio. The same option that worked for this person trying a similar, but lower resolution, should work for you also:

http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtop ... #pid182784

The primary one you probably want to focus on in the aspect ratio option. In the sw.cfg file (located in the save data folder, default c:\\sw3dg\\EvochronLegacy), the 15th line from the bottom or 17th line from the top is the aspect ratio value. It should show 0 by default. You can set that value to something like 1.0, then adjust it up or down until you get the aspect ratio that fits well with the resolution you are trying to use.

The other person found that a value of 4.0 worked well for their setup. Since the ratio is about the same for you, that's probably were you might want to start testing it.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Rangoon
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Rangoon »

Indeed, thanks!

7680 divided by 1440=5.333333333333333 So, that was the number.