Feedback

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
eltsoldier
Ensign
Ensign

Feedback

Post by eltsoldier »

this is a pretty cool game and i like it quite a bit but i just cannot stand playing without being able to make warp gates even if i had to setup warp gate at point a and point b then enter a unique code to tie the 2 warpgates together

until theres either a warpgate mod or buildable warpgates implemented im going to have to put this on the backburner

i also hate the fact that i cant switch from navmap to a planet view map or something as its extremely annoying trying to figure out where the hell these gray boxes are im seeing on the planet are located since i cant move the planet around freely and in 3D map it removes all the icons for the gray boxes entirely so that will not work

and once again i gotta put this on the backburner as the map is not ease of use it can be made much more intuitive then it currently is

i also posted this here as there is no feedback section on these forums
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Feedback

Post by Vice »

and once again i gotta put this on the backburner as the map is not ease of use it can be made much more intuitive then it currently is
Thanks for sharing your opinion. With comments like the above, it will be helpful to be as specific as possible. Generic subjective commentary doesn't convey what it is you would like to see as an improvement, or even define what 'intuitive' means to you.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
eltsoldier
Ensign
Ensign

Feedback

Post by eltsoldier »

i simply meant what i said previously as being intuitive since having a proper planet view map would make things alot easier and less stressful it would be nice if we could zoom in further though

also it would be helpful if we could consult with our scientist crewmembers about the heading for a nearby container rather then having to warp out of the sector and back in

and i also dont understand why we can make scanners that detect the containers but it cant ping there location coordinates? it seems odd

it would also be nice if we could get blueprints from certain quests

[Edited on 1-20-2016 by eltsoldier]

Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Feedback

Post by Marvin »

You can get "blueprints" from certain quests. Especially the first two quests. And, in doing those quests, the reason you can't ping a container will be explained to you.
eltsoldier
Ensign
Ensign

Feedback

Post by eltsoldier »

i dont think multiplayer has those missions
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Feedback

Post by Marvin »

You're right. But the locations for data drives and the information they impart is the same in both SP and MP.
Nigel_Strange
Captain
Captain

Feedback

Post by Nigel_Strange »

I looked at a negative review on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/398170

It's not really clear why this reviewer didn't like it, but there is something that might be done for the overall experience of the prospective buyer.

One thing that jumped out at me was that there was a complaint about the limited time to play the demo (I forget how much time they get), and that the tutorial is very long.

So, I would suggest that we put the tutorials on youtube and then advise players who are interested in the game to watch the tutorials on their own time before starting the demo timer countdown. This way, they can maximize their playing experience within the demo timeframe actually playing instead of going through the tutorial, unless, of course, they are more hands-on type learners.

[Edited on 1-21-2016 by Nigel_Strange]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Feedback

Post by Marvin »

Hmmmm ... I was under the impression that tutorial time didn't count toward in-game time. :o
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Feedback

Post by SeeJay »

From post: 182986, Topic: tid=12241, author=Marvin wrote:Hmmmm ... I was under the impression that tutorial time didn't count toward in-game time. :o
The problem, if I understand it correctly, with playing through Steam is that the Game Timer
starts when the launcher starts, so even if you don't play, your clock is ticking.

For those that wants to refund a game bought through Steam, they have a 2 hr playtime window
to decide.

Several in the Steam forum complains that they can't even start playing (after the tutorials)
before that time is up.
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Feedback

Post by Marvin »

:o Good to know, SeeJay.