[EL] Low resolution textures *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Danieru_x
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Danieru_x »

Hi Vice,
I am hoping the new release is selling well. I purchased the minute I found out it was available (big fan of EM).

I am just having one small issue with the game as it's only using low resolution textures in the game, mostly visible in the cockpit textures and also space star background texture. I have played with all the settings in the settings option menu and also re-started the client many times.

I have also checked my "switchable graphics" options for my PC (2GB ATI Radeon video card with 8GB ram - my PC can run fallout 4 so I don't think it's a hardware issue... also graphics card drivers are updated) and I just can't get the game to use the higher resolution textures that I've seen in other players screenshots/videos.

I'll submit a screenshot once I'm home again but I just wanted to submit this to see if you have any clue what may be causing this.

Thanks so much, keep up the great work. You make me a very happy man.

Regards,
Dan
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I ran into a situation with one tester who was using an older ATI video card that seemed to automatically down-sample the textures to much lower resolution. It was apparently due to some kind of internal memory limitation with that particular chipset. I doubt it would be a factor with a 2GB card. Perhaps check the AMD/ATI control panel to see if any non-default setting are in place. Might want to also try switching to a full screen mode (Locked (FS) NoVsync for example), then restart the game to see if that might change the display switching behavior between integrated and dedicated.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Danieru_x
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Danieru_x »

Thanks Vice! I'll try this tonight and let you know!
Danieru_x
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Danieru_x »

Hi Vice,
The issue was fixed by changing my AMD Catalyst settings. It was the mipmap detail setting. It was set to performance, so I set it to quality and it solved the problem. See attached screenshot here http://prntscr.com/9sf1c5

Thanks again so much. Now I can enjoy in higher quality :)

Regards,
Dan
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Fantastic, thanks for the follow up.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations