Problem with add-ons and Steam?

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Coyote
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Coyote »

Hi, the last time I played EM, around the 18th August, I had EM Tool, Maplog and Travel Buddy all running successfully in parallel. However, I went to play today and none-of the add-on tools were updating with my current status/position. I had a look at the Savedata file and that isn't updating. I bought the game through Steam and remember there was an update in the last week. Has something changed about the way Steam launches EM to mean that the savedatasettings file is no longer read from the SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Evochron Mercenary directory?

Thanks
Coyote
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Probably not, at least not that I'm aware of. Have your UAC settings in Windows changed at all recently perhaps? Have you tried launching the game with the 'Run as administrator' option to see if the behavior changes? If the game isn't being allowed to edit the savedata file in the install folder, that's one possible cause that comes to mind.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Coyote
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Coyote »

Hi Vice, many thanks for the quick reply.

I can confirm that I haven't changed the settings. The steam game usually launches using the URL shortcut steam://rungameid/71000 . I launched the game directly from the directory as an Administrator and found the CD key from steam which got me past the demo/registration screen. The problem still exists. I'll investigate some more....
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

if launching Steam itself in admin mode doesn't do the trick, you can set the game to launch in admin mode anyway when launching from Steam by right clicking on the game in your Steam library > Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files > Right click on the EvochronMercenary.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Check the Run as administrator box > apply/ok > launch the game from Steam.

Still might not solve the issue, but it is an option you can try.
StarWraith 3D Games
Coyote
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Coyote »

All fixed, rebooted the PC and it magically started working again. Thank you for your assistance
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Strange, eh. Glad it started working for you :)
StarWraith 3D Games