Should StarWraith offer their own "Super Box" collection featuring all of the StarWraith/Arvoch and Evochron games in on

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
RavenFellBlade
Ensign
Ensign

Should StarWraith offer their own "Super Box" collection featuring all of the StarWraith/Arvoch and Evochron games in on

Post by RavenFellBlade »

I know I would be interested in this, especially since I can't seem to find any of the games before Legends, which is still on sale for $10 on this site if you know how to find it.
I can say I would love to be able to play through the evolution of these games, even the older ones. Such bundles aren't unheard of these days, with the constant improvements and utility of DOSBox. I really think SW3DG needs to consider this, as it may bring in some extra money from those of us interested in buying the older games that they no longer offer. Say perhaps they just sell a value-priced bundle of all of the older games up until Evochron: Alliance? Seems reasonable.
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Should StarWraith offer their own "Super Box" collection featuring all of the StarWraith/Arvoch and Evochron games in one bundle?

Post by Rubber Chicken »

I already have Arvoch Alliance and 2 license keys for Mercenary, but I would still pay for a 'full set' package. :) LOL, I guess I do "fan boy much" for StarWraith games! :o :P :P
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
RavenFellBlade
Ensign
Ensign

Should StarWraith offer their own "Super Box" collection featuring all of the StarWraith/Arvoch and Evochron games in one bundle?

Post by RavenFellBlade »

I bring it up because it seems like this could be a fitting "companion release" to go along with the new upcoming Evochron, which I am sure will bring in new players and could spark a lot of interest in the history of the franchise(s). I'll be honest: There's a good possibility I would not play some of the older games at all, or at least not very much, but I would love to have them just as a matter of propriety. I have a habit of collecting things that I like or admire. This is one of those few instances where you can clearly see the progression of a specific vision coming to fruition over the development of a series, and it is both fascinating, and inspirational. It's especially amazing when you take into account that this is a literal labor of love for one man. This seems to me to be the flip side of the "Battlecuiser 3000 AD" story, where the developer accepts the current limitations of things, and gradually matures his vision over time, instead of trying to haphazardly force it in one giant, ill-fated project. No disrespect meant for Derek Smart, as I really understand where he was (and still is) coming from. I just wonder how his particular vision would have turned out had he paced his ideas into a series of expanding projects, refining core elements and expanding, as was done with the StarWraith and Evochron series. I can only imagine we would have a much different result on our hands.