[EM 2.888] Evochron Mercenary has stopped working *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
CodeMonkey006
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CodeMonkey006 »

Hello,

I am having trouble getting Evochron Mercenary to run properly on my machine. I keep on getting the dreaded "Evochron Mercenary has stopped responding" message when I run the game at seemingly random times.

My core system specs are as follows:

Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard
Intel Core-i7 5820K
16Gb of RAM (Corsair)
Nvidia GTX680 (Driver version 347.88)
240Gb SSD for Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
1Tb Hard drive for games and all other data/programs

I have looked at the Windows event manager and found this error message for EvochronMercenary.exe each time it crashes:

Faulting application name: EvochronMercenary.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4d460aea
Faulting module name: DBProTextDebug.dll, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4d2a01e2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000019e6
Faulting process id: 0x1847c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0642151311b04
Faulting application path: D:\\Games\\Space-Simulation Games\\Evochron - Mercenary\\EvochronMercenary\\EvochronMercenary.exe
Faulting module path: C:\\Users\\Sebbie\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\dbpdata9\\DBProTextDebug.dll
Report Id: 09ae14c4-d016-11e4-a0df-40e230988d90

I have all Windows updates installed and am running the latest drivers for my video card, and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I am at a loss right now.

Hopefully this can be sorted out, as the game looks awesome. ;)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Hello and welcome. A 0xc0000005 stop error can relate to a memory issue on your system. That is, the game requests memory for a certain operation and your system denies it for whatever reason(s). When it's random, that indicates the cause may be introducing the problem at random intervals or there may be a problem with the system itself (ie hardware). Since the module appears to be consistent, that could simply indicate interference from something else running on your system that is intermittently preventing the game from accessing the memory it needs.

Initially, I would recommend reviewing the other programs you may have running in the background. See if you have any running security programs that may be introducing random interference at various times during the game. Steam has a list of known security programs that can cause issues with their service and games in general here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -SFLZ-9289

Exceptions, mode/option settings, and/or alternatives may need to be applied to allow the game to have access to your system's memory resources consistently. Doesn't always matter if a system has many GB's installed, what matters is if sufficient consecutive memory is available consistently to a game/program.

If the problem continues, I'll likely need more information on your system configuration to try and pin down a possible cause. Follow the steps here to submit a msinfo report to me (you don't need to include the save game in this instance, just the report will be fine):

http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/faq.htm#8
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
CodeMonkey006
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CodeMonkey006 »

I have uninstalled EVGA Precision from my system and that seems to help, so far.

Thanks for the prompt reply! :D
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Ok, thanks for the follow up. I'll go ahead and mark this one fixed, if the problem surfaces again, I can look into it further for you.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations