[EM]Low res planet textures wen running in FS screen mode with second monitor enabled *INFO*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
RiSKOSD
Ensign
Ensign

[EM]Low res planet textures wen running in FS screen mode with second monitor enabled *INFO*

Post by RiSKOSD »

Strange issue I'm having with EM. If I enable a second screen and run the game in FS screen mode I believe what I am seeing is very low textures on planets and no textures on crate objects.

Switching to WM mode resolves the issue but not preferred as I notice occasional slight stuttering. Anyone notice this before?

I have an Nvidia 670 with latest drivers, 8gb ram, 2500k CPU.

To confirm if I disable the second monitor FS screen mode works perfectly with planet textures and crates as they should be.

Using 1900 1200, all settings on highest.

[Edited on 8-13-2014 by RiSKOSD]

[Edited on 8-13-2014 by RiSKOSD]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Nothing else that I'm aware of with a similar issue. Almost sounds like a driver quirk of some kind. I'd be interested in seeing screenshots of what you're seeing if you'd be willing to e-mail me a few (starwraith.com > contact). Also, did you try different AA settings in the Options menu and/or Nvidia control panel?
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
RiSKOSD
Ensign
Ensign

Post by RiSKOSD »

Thank you for the quick response and I agree with it likely being a driver quirk as I have graphical issues with Warframe running if a second screen is enabled also.

FYI I tried: AA off and at x8, using a vanilla non Steam version (no mods). I will send a screen grab later this evening (GMT).

With second monitor enabled;
Resolution: Optimized, Screen Mode: WM - Works (slight occasional stutter)
Resolution: 1900, 1200, Screen Mode: WM - Works (slight occasional stutter)

Resolution: Optimized, Screen Mode: FS - Low/missing textures (planets, stars and crates)
Resolution: 1900, 1200, Screen Mode: FS - Low/missing textures (planets, stars and crates)
RiSKOSD
Ensign
Ensign

Post by RiSKOSD »

Email sent with screen shots.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Thanks, it indeed looks like a driver issue of some kind. Same graphics setup being applied to both modes being treated differently on the rendering side of things. The performance issue in the WM mode should also not apply. As I mentioned in my e-mail reply, if different AA settings don't help with the WM mode, you might also want to try the different VSync modes to see if the behavior changes at all. Also check your Nvidia control panel for other non-default settings you may have applied, such as triple buffering, quality, pre-rendered frames, etc.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
RiSKOSD
Ensign
Ensign

Post by RiSKOSD »

Thanks Vice I will try what you suggested and report it to Nvidia. Inbetween testing I have however opted to disable the second screen and run in FS mode as it's perfect performance. I know there was a thread somewhere that mentioned the removal of FS mode in a future version which I beg you not to do.

[Edited on 8-14-2014 by RiSKOSD]