[EM 2.848] Axis already bound *FIXED 2.878*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
raron
Ensign
Ensign

Post by raron »

I've searched this forum and others (steam, google..), but I can't find anyone else that have mentioned this. Which I find rather odd.

I have a HOTAS and a wheel, and I wanted to map the brake and accelerator pedals (combined axis) to the Yaw control. That works by itself.

Unfortunately, that axis "crashes" with the joystick axis for pitch up/down, probably because both are axis nr. 2 on both controllers. The wheel is registered as device 1, and the joystick as device 2. So when I try to bind the joystick to pitch, it says "Axis already bound".

EDIT: It's about Evochron Mercenary btw, I completely forgot that little detail :P

EDIT: Fixed subject heading (wops).

[Edited on 2014-7-6 by casualgamer]

[Edited on 2014-7-6 by casualgamer]

[Edited on 2014-7-12 by casualgamer]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Not sure yet why that may not be working, I'll be looking into it.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
raron
Ensign
Ensign

Post by raron »

Thanks, that was a quick reply! :)

I'm playing without the pedals atm, it's not a dealbreaker but it would be nice if it worked ofc.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Yeah, it should work for your configuration, so it needs to be sorted. In the meantime, I think if you go through the control binding process using the 'Click here to configure all joystick axis controls' option in that menu, it should allow you to bind the multiple axis channels on the two devices like you want (just select the device before selecting the axis to bind the prompted control function to).

Also, please send me a quick e-mail from the address you'd like to receive a reply to with a possible test build to download and try. Once I can put together a build that should resolve it, I can then send you the link in advance to try it out and confirm it works the way you need for your configuration.
StarWraith 3D Games
raron
Ensign
Ensign

Post by raron »

Thanks! I just sent you an email.

I got 3 controllers / devices. Testing a bit more, some axis can be bound even if they are the "same" axis as on another controller (which is how it should be ofc). I don't remember them all, but axis 2 on device 1 and device 3 could be bound simultaneously. It seems there is a problem with doing that with device 2 and axis 2, and another device with the same axis (at least with device 1 and 2, not sure about dev 2 and 3, etc..). Or possibly something to do with the Yaw and Pitch binding? I'll test some more a bit later and write down what I get.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Test build sent to you, hopefully it will resolve some or all of the issues. It should fully support individual axis binding for multiple control devices on your configuration.
StarWraith 3D Games