[EM Server] Issue installing a server in Windows 2008 standard edition (64bits) **SOLVED**

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

[EM Server] Issue installing a server in Windows 2008 standard edition (64bits) **SOLVED**

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

Hola.

Im trying install a server in a Win2k8 64 bits

First: The 2d server need a msvcp100.dll file, ive downloaded (64 bits version) and install in the SysWow64 folder.

Now i can open the server. But is "Frozen"... for example, if i clic in the exit button, the program react around 50 secs after the clic... and i cant wrote nothing

Is an issue? Is my fault?

Regards

[Edited on 22-6-2014 by _-Caleb-_]

[Edited on 23-6-2014 by _-Caleb-_]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Did you follow the instructions and install the 2010 Visual C++ Runtimes?

From the instructions:

- You must have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable package installed on the system you plan to run the program on. This is available for download here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... en&id=5555
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

Hi Vice. Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable installed, same "issues" :S
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Might need an msinfo report on the system then to try and determine more. Could be network device related or something else in between.
StarWraith 3D Games
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

From post: 171193, Topic: tid=11488, author=Vice wrote:Might need an msinfo report on the system then to try and determine more. Could be network device related or something else in between.
Uploaded the nfo file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqsm3gvvg9w8dt4/vps.nfo

Is an VMWare VM. Maybe is this?

Regards!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Have you tried it directly to compare? I guess there could be some kind of missing compatibility element somewhere along the way.
StarWraith 3D Games
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Is the problem still a delayed response when you try to select options in the program? Or does a problem surface only when you try to connect it? Are you trying to manage this system remotely or do you have direct access to it?

- I can't quite tell, but it could be that the required runtime is/was not installed properly. Perhaps it defaulted back to some kind of original OS configuration? First step I'd suggest is making sure the 2010 VC++ runtime is properly installed.

- Next, you have quite the array of network devices listed on that system. So many, that there could either be some kind of conflict or compatibility issue occurring when the program attempts to find a network device and open a connection to it. This might apply if a problem surfaces when trying to connect. What local IP address does the program detect automatically? And does that address match the address of the network device you want to bind to? If it doesn't match, try connecting to the local IP of the device you do want to test a connection through.

If the problem is merely a delay in response when trying to click on things and you're not accessing the system directly (instead you're trying to manage it remotely), the problem could relate to an issue with whatever remote access program/system you are using.
StarWraith 3D Games
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

From post: 171208, Topic: tid=11488, author=Vice wrote: Is the problem still a delayed response when you try to select options in the program? Or does a problem surface only when you try to connect it? Are you trying to manage this system remotely or do you have direct access to it?

- I can't quite tell, but it could be that the required runtime is/was not installed properly. Perhaps it defaulted back to some kind of original OS configuration? First step I'd suggest is making sure the 2010 VC++ runtime is properly installed.

- Next, you have quite the array of network devices listed on that system. So many, that there could either be some kind of conflict or compatibility issue occurring when the program attempts to find a network device and open a connection to it. This might apply if a problem surfaces when trying to connect. What local IP address does the program detect automatically? And does that address match the address of the network device you want to bind to? If it doesn't match, try connecting to the local IP of the device you do want to test a connection through.

If the problem is merely a delay in response when trying to click on things and you're not accessing the system directly (instead you're trying to manage it remotely), the problem could relate to an issue with whatever remote access program/system you are using.
Hola.

Thanks Vice. This is my problem, I've solved using another remote access program. Thanks again :D

Regards!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Ah ok, thanks for the follow up. For reference, what remote program were you using before and which one are you using now that works?
StarWraith 3D Games
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

From post: 171222, Topic: tid=11488, author=Vice wrote: Ah ok, thanks for the follow up. For reference, what remote program were you using before and which one are you using now that works?
1st, the Windows Remote Desktop (Included with Windows)
Now TeamViewer 9

Regards!