Evochron Mercenary 2.848 available...

Official SW3DG related announcements and news.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Evochron Mercenary 2.848 available...

Post by Vice »

Version 2.848 is now available for download. As usual, the installer can also be used to update older versions of the game. It can be downloaded here:
http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmerce ... nloads.htm

This update includes the following improvements:

- New scaling option added to modification options for 3D radar.
- Positioning of 3D radar and target object display updated for improved positioning and more modification flexibility.
- Several container locations repositioned to be more accessible, more now also allowed to orbit planets as debris.
- Option to lock the mouse pointer to the display field during gameplay added to Options menu.
- Water shader updated to prevent certain indicators from casting a reflection.

Changes to the 3D radar and target display may impact some cockpit mods using non-default placement values in the gauges.txt file. So some mods may need to update some of the position values. While testing, I discovered that some cockpit mods used old gauges.txt files that also lacked shadow placement values for the chase view mode. So for a few of them, I've updated the gauges files myself to provide proper alignment for the radar and target display as well as including shadow placement values that they lacked before. The new values for the 'SilicuMax' and 'Perch' cockpits are available in the customizing forum here:
SilicuMax: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtop ... #pid170374
Perch: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtop ... #pid170373

The new Mouse Lock option can be optionally bypassed in the exit menu while the game is paused as well as during gameplay by toggling the mouse flight-to-selection control lock mode (press both Alt keys to toggle on or off).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Iron man
Commander
Commander

New scaling option

Post by Iron man »

Thank you :)
steam name : x iron man
PaulB
Commander
Commander

New scaling option

Post by PaulB »

- New scaling option added to modification options for 3D radar.

I wonder if you could explain this a bit more?
Do you mean there is a new selection in the game options to change the Radar size? Or there is a new entry in the gauges.txt to rescale it? or what?

Thanks,
Paul
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

New scaling option

Post by Vice »

Do you mean there is a new selection in the game options to change the Radar size? Or there is a new entry in the gauges.txt to rescale it? or what?
Yes, check out line 28 in the gauges.txt file, included in the (updated) customizing kit. You can now adjust the scale factor of the radar.
StarWraith 3D Games
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

New scaling option

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Updated and flying well. :cool: 1.40 for line 28 seems to be a very good size for the radar globe when used with the Perch cockpit.

[Edited on 5-29-2014 by Rubber Chicken]
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
PaulB
Commander
Commander

New scaling option

Post by PaulB »

From post: 170595, Topic: tid=11429, author=Vice wrote:
Yes, check out line 28 in the gauges.txt file, included in the (updated) customizing kit. You can now adjust the scale factor of the radar.
I guess I'm missing something. Where is the updated customizing kit? I downloaded the one on the same page as the game download and the gauges.txt file in that only has 27 lines.

Paul
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

New scaling option

Post by Vice »

Depending on the web browser you are using, you may need to clear your browser's cache before it will let you retrieve the latest updated zip file for the customizing kit. Otherwise, it won't actually download the new file and you'll be stuck with the old one you probably downloaded before.
StarWraith 3D Games
PaulB
Commander
Commander

New scaling option

Post by PaulB »

From post: 170598, Topic: tid=11429, author=Vice wrote: Depending on the web browser you are using, you may need to clear your browser's cache before it will let you retrieve the latest updated zip file for the customizing kit. Otherwise, it won't actually download the new file and you'll be stuck with the old one you probably downloaded before.
I use Firefox in Provate Browsing mode so it doesn't save to a cache - it save the file where I tell it to save it and I watched the download process which took several minutes on Verizon mobile wireless.
Also the ReadMe file in the ZIP has line 28 documented but the gauges.txt file itself only has the old 27 lines.

But no matter - I added the documented line from the ReadMe to the gauges.txt file in my /hud folder.

P.S. check the file dates of the gauges.txt file in your ZIP archive - it's 2013.

Paul

[Edited on 5-29-2014 by PaulB]

[Edited on 5-29-2014 by PaulB]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

New scaling option

Post by Vice »

Ah yes, it's in the ReadMe, but not the template. Template updated, should show today's date as the file date now.
StarWraith 3D Games
skyratt
Ensign
Ensign

New scaling option

Post by skyratt »

Another great update. Thanks Vice.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

New scaling option

Post by Vice »

A minor update to 2.848 (b) is available which fixes an issue for some Saitek X65 users who encountered unwanted button feedback. It also corrects an outdated directive in the quest.
StarWraith 3D Games
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

New scaling option

Post by DaveK »

Not sure if it's a glitch or a feature but when I set a destination around 44 sectors away and mouse lock wasn't on I could manually jump 9 sectors or so in the direction I was pointing and the nav point set itself to where I jumped to - usually I get a warning that it's too far and have to use the autopilot.

When I put mouse lock on again it worked as it normally does - a warning that the jump was too far and I used the autopilot to jump.

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

New scaling option

Post by Vice »

That's because you disengaged the mouse flight mode with both Alt keys, which is like holding the Alt key down persistently, and it will let you use the max jump range option if you press F2. When you disengage the mouse flight mode and engage the persistent mouse point mode (again, exactly like holding the Alt key down), the mouse lock is also released.
StarWraith 3D Games
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

New scaling option

Post by DaveK »

Thanks! :)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

New scaling option

Post by Marvin »

From post: 170695, Topic: tid=11429, author=Vice wrote:It also corrects an outdated directive in the quest.
:o Which directive is that? Could you quote the chat message and step number?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

New scaling option

Post by Vice »

Step 11, no quoting though since it would be a spoiler. I'll u2u it to you.
StarWraith 3D Games
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

New scaling option

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Thanks Vice ... I'll pass the info along to SeeJay in case he misses your update.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

New scaling option

Post by Vice »

A player reported an error 3004 with this build. Problem was traced to a unrelated change in one system impacting a different system, potentially causing this error to surface under certain conditions. Update to fix the issue is now available for download and is also live on Steam.
StarWraith 3D Games
zzone
Ensign
Ensign

New scaling option

Post by zzone »

Great updates, keep working at this wonderful game. Worth every penny I paid
Nimrod1971
Ensign
Ensign

New scaling option

Post by Nimrod1971 »

First of all, thanx for the wonderful game, enjoying it very much :D

Is there any roadmap/preview what comes next (features/content)?