[EM 2.728] CH Products controller set missing axes *INFO*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
darth_wayner
Ensign
Ensign

Post by darth_wayner »

Hi all, just downloaded and installed the games today and am having a few issues with the controller setup.

I'm using ch products fighterstick, pro pedals, and throttle. I have all devices mapped into a single 6 axis 32 button controller through the ch products control manager. My six axes are: X and y on the stick, another for the throttle, one for rudder pedal sliders, one for left pedal tilt and the last for right pedal tilt.

Device 1and 2 in the joystick setup menu in game doesn't recognize any of the controller axes. Device 3 recognizes the 2 stick axes, the throttle, and the left pedal tilt. The pedal slider moves two axis bars in the EM setup, and the right pedal tilt is not recognized at all. It seems odd that one pedal would work fine while the other does not.

All axes are mapped correctly and work as expected in ch control manager so my problem is not there. I also noticed the EM randomly decides which buttons on the controllers it will recognize. While this is odd it doesn't happen to be creating any issues for me at the moment because the controllers are full programmable so I can bind them to the default key settings to get around this.

So, if anyone can figure out how I get my right pedal recognized by EM, or knows where to find a good CH products map that works with my hardware, I'd be very greatful.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I'm not aware of anything game-side that would cause such a scenario, it only returns what is fed to it through Windows on each device channel. Have you tried unhooking the devices from trying to be all combined into one device ID and use them on their own individual device ID's? Was there a reason you wanted to consolidate all three into one ID? The game can easily detect and manage up to 10 simultaneous control devices and their inputs the way they are without the need for emulating ID's or signals. There may be some kind of issue when trying to cram all of their signals into one ID that may not exist when each is mapped individually on their own channels under normal operation.

Others familiar with that product line may be able to offer some advice for what you're trying to do.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Post by Capt_Caveman »

I use the same setup.
ch stick, throttle and pedals, all combined with the profiler.
works fine for me. all my axis show as device 1
lft/rt pedel tilt (toe brakes) do not work on my game either.
some axis do move 2 sliders in the setup but thats normal.

sounds like your profiler is in "direct mode" instead of "mapped"

make sure your profiler is set to "start in mapped mode"
(in cm control center)

[Edited on 11-29-2013 by capt_cronic]