lag contd

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
HawkEye11
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

lag contd

Post by HawkEye11 »

When flying in multiplayer: the other player's ships appear to be rock solid steady stable from my perspective at all times; but my ship appears to vibrate and jump around when I get close to another player from everyone else's perspective. This jumpiness can also happen if I get close and fire my weapons.

I have attached a file which is the profile i have been using for MP and pvp.

Thanks!

[file]805[/file]

[Edited on 10-29-2013 by HawkEye11]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

lag contd

Post by Vice »

This will likely require a more personalized observation on my part. Maybe we can arrange a time to meet online on one of the servers? If so, send me a quick e-mail with a time that would be convenient for you.

It likely has less to do with the game itself and may have more to do with the system you are running it on. What you/they may be observing is the game/server attempting to compensate your actual movement based on a fixed pace that may be out of synch with the clock rate on your system. This could come about under certain conditions, such as an improperly overclocked system or simply some kind of connection issue preventing accurate/consistent packet delivery for data outbound from your system to the server. If you're not getting auto-kicked for the former, the latter may apply. But either way, I should be able to determine more about what may be happening once I can observe it.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

lag contd

Post by Capt_Caveman »

I was the one who saw hawk jumping around when we fought last night.
when we got close and opened fire, his ship would jump back and forth
from one side of the screen to the other.

If you like, we can try it out tonight and I can take video of what I see if needed

[Edited on 10-28-2013 by capt_cronic]
HawkEye11
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

lag contd

Post by HawkEye11 »

Thanks Vice and Captain!
I appreciate it! Email has been dispatched.

I forgot to post before so here are my system specs:

PC type:
Manufacturer: Hewlet-Packard
Model: HPE-210y
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 945 Processor 3.0 GHz
Installed RAM: 8.00 GB
System Type: 64 bit
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
GPU Driver #: 9.18.13.2723

Thanks!
HawkEye
shadowma45
Ensign
Ensign

lag contd

Post by shadowma45 »

Hi , just read hawks problem w/t other ships jumping around pvp & ai ,
this only happens in multi player, single player runs fine , i did try to turn down grapics still happening but not as acute or severe.
my sys stats are - hp - model p6710f, rating 5.9,
processor - amd athlon (tm) IIX 4 640 processor 3.00 ghz
64 bit operating system,windows -7/video card ge force gtx 760,
like I said game runs great on single player but would like to
play mp sometime. Any advise would be appreciated,
thanks in advance

shadowma
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

lag contd

Post by Vice »

The primary cause for such a problem has generally been problematic connection issues (ISP, network interference, etc). In Hawkeye's case, it appears possibly related to a security program intermittently checking for updates and/or downloading updates. It was also interfering with load times.

We ran tests tonight for about an hour with solid results from his system. I would also recommend checking into anything else that might be running on your system that could be interfering with your connection's performance. Also make sure you are directly wired into your router/modem via Ethernet and aren't using a wireless connection. Since you say adjusting graphics helped the issue, it could also be a system performance related cause, or might be at least a minor factor. What kind of framerates are you getting? Inconsistent framrates/performance could also produce some object jumping as the game attempts to synchronize movement across an inconsistent rate of frame updates. Are you running any other programs in the background while playing the game? Also make sure to connect to a server that's fairly close to you for best performance.
StarWraith 3D Games
shadowma45
Ensign
Ensign

lag contd

Post by shadowma45 »

Hi thanks for info , sorry for noob question , but how would i check frame rates, this is a major concern for me , I just spent money to upgrade my
video card to the gtx ge force 760 to stop this problem, also iam signed up
for star citizen & was hoping to play that w/t out upgrading my sys yet again . Thanks again in advance for any info , fyi I dont know if its worth mentioning , but read hawks account of problems & mine is just the opposite, as I see other players ships jumping around or back & forth side to side , thanks again

Shadowma
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

lag contd

Post by 49rTbird »

Push the ~ key and your fps should show in the upper left corner of the screen.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

lag contd

Post by Vice »

We can run some tests that are more specific to your system if you determine that your framerate is below what it should be, it may just be a performance issue. A little bouncing can be normal, depending on your location relative to the server's along with the locations of other players. But if it's excessive, there could be other causes. Follow up with me via e-mail if you'd like more direct support (starwraith.com > contact) and follow the steps here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/faq.htm#8
StarWraith 3D Games
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

lag contd

Post by Marvin »

Also check your ping. And, IIRC, Hawkeye was on TS3 ... if so, might be part of the problem. Or it could be another player. Titto logged on last Sunday and eventually entered my sector ... causing the same jumping lag ... until he logged back out of the game. Had he moved to another sector, that in itself might've solved the issue. Maybe.
shadowma45
Ensign
Ensign

lag contd

Post by shadowma45 »

Hello well pressed ~ in multi player stats as follows -61151
K:1040 IR:477, not sure if this good or bad ? let me know ,
Thanks again

Shadowma
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

lag contd

Post by Vice »

There's probably a space between 61 and 151, so you're probably at about 61 FPS, which is fine. If you contact me via e-mail, I can provide an additional test program that can help gauge the performance stability of your system. But at this point, I would suspect that the issue may be more connection related for you rather than system related.
StarWraith 3D Games