[EM] Steam version, could not load animation...

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
trudnicki250676
Ensign
Ensign

Post by trudnicki250676 »

hi i bought the game on steam and when i try to launch the game it stops loading and gives me a message runtime error 2002 could not load animation at line 83552. Im running windows 7 64 my video is nvidia gf gtx260 i have 4gb ram. Next thing i did was to download the game from your website install it and run and it works perfect. The question is what is wrong with steam version?? Next question - if i have downloaded the game from You how can i make it full version ?? is it possible to mix the version from steam with the one i downloaded from Your website so i can play full game not just demo ??
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

The animation error means the intro video could not play on your system for some reason. Are you using the Steam overlay? If so, try turning that off and see if the behavior changes. Otherwise, there is also a bypass you can apply to get past that stage if needed (the 'novideo.txt' option mentioned elsewhere in the forum).

As for registering the game, you can use your CD key in your Steam account to register it, contact me via e-mail if you want more information on doing this. You can run either version independently if you like.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
trudnicki250676
Ensign
Ensign

thanks for the advice with this novideo file the game runs great even in steam. Im wondering what is the problem, why the game cant play video i have wm player 11 installed also i dont have problems playing wmv files. Sometimes when the wmv file is very large the player which is GOM player just does not play them smoothly, but WMP 11 plays them with no problem. Any advice how to get the game going without novideo file ?? i have klite kodec pack with installed mega codec pack option.
Another question can i install the game on my laptop and use same cd key as on my desktop ?? i travel a lot with trains and my laptop matches the minimum sys spec of the game which is great because its old laptop.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Not sure on the video, maybe two different codecs are getting called between the two launch modes due to K-Lite being installed and one doesn't work with the video. Just a guess since the video plays using the standard Windows codec. Yes, you can use the key as you describe.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Do you know which player is trying to play the game's video (default)?
trudnicki250676
Ensign
Ensign

no i dont. Do U know how to find this out ?? my default player is gom so when i click on wmv file gom is starting
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

That could be your problem ... sounds like gom is your default player. There are ways to designate another player, depending on your OS. Maybe Vice can help.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

I hate it when you try to play a certain Video from a website and they require you to download their Video file Player and than ask you if you want to make it the default player or even worse they by default make it the default player when downloaded without your permission!....:o:mad:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good