[EM] Set Velocity Problem, Logitech joystick *INFO*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
instgtr
Ensign
Ensign

Post by instgtr »

I just d/l the demo and everything seems to work fine except the velocity will not go below 24...

I'm using a Wingman Extreme Joystick and set the throttle , but it won't go below 24 - the keybord won't bring it to zero either

Any suggestions???

Thanx

Instgtr

[Edited on 4-7-2013 by Vice]
\"I suggest a new strategy R2 - - - Let the Wookie win...\"

Dennis

http://www.instgtr.com/evochron.html
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Try pulling down firmly on the throttle control and see if the minimum changes at all. The potentiometer in that stick may just not be calibrated correctly to allow the full range of input. You can extract and place this program inside the game's save data folder to see the raw input data of the device you are using: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmerce ... Config.zip

If the signal just won't reach zero, it may require manual calibration/adjustment. In the meantime, you can hold backspace for times when you need to stop short term. You can also hold backspace to drop your speed to zero, then press the inertial key to stay at zero.

[Edited on 1-8-2013 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Post by Capt_Caveman »

recalibrate your joystick
karnak12
Ensign
Ensign

Post by karnak12 »

I'm not using a joystick, I'm using the mouse. This usually happens when I load up the max cargo module (currently 5), go to someplace like Rucker to mine Platinum and sit in front of an asteroid to fill up the cargo containers. When I finish and try to move the ship nothing happens when I enter a velocity selection, though I can hear the sound it makes. If I select a destination and hit the jump command (F2), it goes to that location but when it comes out of jump there is some velocity and direction that has been input by the program. Nothing I do changes either the velocity or the direction (unless I hit the jump key again). I can go to inertial mode and turn the ship around and the velocity indicator will show a minus value, but the speed and direction never change. The command value changes, but the actual value doesn't. http://www.starwraith.com/forum/images/smilies/sad.gif
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

The two common causes of actual velocity varying from selected velocity are:

- Accidently pressing the 'M' key at some point, activating the target speed match mode.
- Accidently pressing the spacebar at some point, activating the intertial mode.

Although that issue doesn't relate to the problem instgtr reported. That issue is usually just a control device that doesn't drop to 0 completely on its rheostat/potentiometer.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations