[EM 2.148] CTD during multi on server Ceti Alpha V *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Munshine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Munshine »

Generally I avoid playing on server Ceti Alpha V as my ping is very high for an European like me and causes annoying temp freezes/lags.

A more serious issue is that a CTD can occur randomly while I'm playing or when the game is loading on server Ceti Alpha V with different errors 7003, 7008, 7018.
Which is annoying me is that when the first CTD occurs, I need to reinstall completely the game. Else the game won't load the next time on that server or another CTD will occur shortly after loading on that server.

I have no such issues in Single player or on other servers, even on server Starport 6.

Yesterday, I played with two fellow French players in the same sector. After two hours, a CTD with error 7007 occured while I was deploying a sensor station.

EDIT. They said that yesterday that they didn't have such lags . But lags/freezes or CTD also occured with them the time before .When a complete freeze occurs, the only way for them is to exit from the game with alt+F4.

I don't know why.
Thank you for your support.

[Edited on 12-29-2012 by Munshine]

[Edited on 1-6-2013 by Vice]
Débutant francophone perdu dans l\'Evoverse et besoin d\'aide ?
>> Sujet sur RpgFrance > Sujet sur CanardPC <<
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Major Grubert »

Salut Munshine, tu as testé ce serveur Olympus Prime Fr ?

Je m'y suis un peu connecté et le ping est vraiment très bon, les temps de chargement aussi...

le serveur est hébergé chez un hébergeur pro, c'est de la bonne machine... :)
Munshine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Munshine »

Hi Grubert,
indeed Olympus Prime is more convenient for us Europeans at the moment. It's the way to go.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Were any of the players using TS3 and, if so, were any of them using the overlay?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

When you see those errors, please send me screenshots of them. When diagnosing what is happening, it's important for me to know the line number details.

Having errors, then encountering launch problems is an indication of game file damage. It can happen if a security programs decides to scan something while the game is trying to access the file(s) being scanned. Make sure you have the game included on any exception list for security programs you have running on your system.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Munshine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Munshine »

Hi Vice, thanks for answering.
Indeed I forgot to make a screenshot, sorry for that. I will do the next time these errors occur.
I had already added the game in Comodo 's exceptions list and set up Comodo in game mode.
I'm also using Avira antivirus (but not the web module) and thought that disabling Avirus' realtime protection was enough.
From now I'm also adding the game in Avira's exceptions list.

@Marvin these errors occur with or without an external voice program like Mumble or TS3.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 153618, Topic: tid=10269, author=Munshine wrote:@Marvin these errors occur with or without an external voice program like Mumble or TS3.
:o Problem is, it might not be you who causes the freeze or CTD. Which means, when everybody (hopefully) logs back in, it helps to query all the other players.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Also, are you using any mods?.....Some mods might not cause any errors in Single PLay but might in Multi-Play!...;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Munshine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Munshine »

From post: 153623, Topic: tid=10269, author=Maarschalk wrote:Also, are you using any mods?.....Some mods might not cause any errors in Single PLay but might in Multi-Play!...;):cool:
I'm not using mods anymore since the expansion.
Munshine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Munshine »

The following error occured ... for the first time while loading on french server Olympus Prime. The game failed at 50% then crashed to desktop:

"Run time error 7008 - Object does not exist at line 64060.
Object number not found: 1221"

I don't understand as the game was updated to latest version 2.128 before running the game.
So it means that my games' files are corrupted and that I must uninstall it before updating the game.

are my saves also corrupted ?
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

When you deleted the mods before the expansion you might have deleted some other necesarry files or folders!.....I know I got similar messages when modding and deleting files and folders I thought were not needed for the game because I thought they were only needed for the mods!....;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Munshine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Munshine »

You are right Maars, going to clean it all and install as brand new. Fortunately I have done a backup of my saves.

I was connected to Mumble during the issue but these errors occur without it as well.
Munshine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Munshine »

So I have uninstall and deleted all files in setting directory sw3dg\\evochron
To be safe I have installed latest version 2.128 in a new dir.

Created a new mercenary profile.
Launched directly the game in single-player mode.
Game loaded and running fine. Save and exit the game.

Then added the game to any security program's exception list (avira and comodo ) as I forgot to do so. Avira realtime protection was disabled though.

BUT:
no external voice program used.
Runned again the game and chose my newbie profile.
But while connecting and loading on server Olympus Prime

Bam, game failed at 50 % and crashed to desktop with a new error 7008 at line 64090 this time:

[Edited on 12-29-2012 by Munshine]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I don't understand as the game was updated to latest version 2.128 before running the game.
So it means that my games' files are corrupted and that I must uninstall it before updating the game.

are my saves also corrupted ?
Game files are probably fine, unless they have been damaged by something else running on the system. 7008 means the game was blocked from loading/accessing that object in memory. What you've described sounds like a classic result of running Comodo. Even if you disable it or provide exceptions, in the past it seemed to leave behind residual changes/effects that could impact proper operation of the game. When you install an update, it introduces new files to the system that the security program may decide it wants to monitor/learn for a while. One step you might want to try is uninstalling Comodo (Avira should be fine, just include the game in the exception list for it and/or use its gaming mode if available), you can use something else in the meantime for security as desired. Once that's done, reinstall the game using the installer, complete the game's built in cleanup routine, then launch and test.

The fact that a new profile resulted in the same error is encouraging, it indicates the profiles itself was probably not damaged. But I would suggest you perform the game's built in cleanup operation after resintalling the game in the above procedure. Once that's done, then launch and test the game.
StarWraith 3D Games
Munshine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Munshine »

Great support Vice, thanks for answering during Week-End.

I've uninstalled Comodo (and Spybot SD as well). Reinstalled the game, included the game in Avira's exceptions list. Performed the game's built in cleanup routine.
Launched the game with the new profile on server Olympus Prime. Loaded and running fine.
Did the same on server Ceti Alpha.Loaded faster and running fine.

Tests were done without any firewall solution. I feel a bit uneasy about it even with the built-in firewall from my Netgear modem/router . Any idea about a firewall solution not causing any interference with the game and some conflict with Avira ?

As these errors occur randomly during loading or play time, perhaps I should do more tests and keep you informed.
Thanks again for your support.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

The error 7008 while loading at ~50% may be a separate issue that I'm looking into while all of the other errors you received in-game were likely due to interference. If the 7008 at ~50% happens again, wait about 1-2 minutes, then restart the game and try again. It's likely an intermittent event related to an internal issue with player built station updates. I should have it fixed soon.

I haven't used a lot of software firewalls, so others may have some good recommendations there.

Edit: I'm testing a couple of bug fixes now and if things check out, I'll work on getting an update out quickly since this involves a potential crash issue.

[Edited on 12-30-2012 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
Munshine
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Munshine »

Thanks for updating the game.

In the past, I never encountered issues between the game before the expansion and Comodo. But the current Comodo client was a bit old.

So I've installed the newest version of Comodo Firewall for testing. Defense+ is disabled. File Rating is disabled. Game Mode is enabled.All Monitor settings are all unchecked (especially the physical memory one). The game had been added in Comodo's exception list.

Yesterday I launched the 2.128 version on server Celti Alpha V with Mumble voice chat enabled. There was a lot of people and I was playing with four other players in same sectors for hours. This time, there weren't the lags or micro freezes like before on that server. Actually nobody I was playing with or I had any issue.

For now I will keep testing Comodo. If any issue occurs in, should I keep you informed on this topic or are we considering the problem is solved for the 2.128 version ?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

If it crashes in-game while you are playing, yes you can report it to me (or better yet, report it to Comodo). 2.148 should resolve the loading error you encountered.
StarWraith 3D Games