[EM 2.108] CDT when loading game universe *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Sorrowthorn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sorrowthorn »

Hi there,

I took advantage of the Steam sale today and purchased your Evochron game, it has updated to the latest texture pack through Steam. When I try to join a Server or go into training or launch I get a crash to desktop before the bar reaches 100% every time. I have looked through your faq but can't seem to find the answer there. I have preloaded all planet data as I have a not too shabby rig i think and wondered if you could help?

Also, trying to join server 1 gives me a notification saying i need a multiplayer profile, how do i create one of these?

Thanks in advance
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Please follow the posting guidelines for this forum: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4651

Most likely, your system ran out of memory as media was attempting to be loaded. Steps to troubleshoot and solve such problems are available here: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6595

If you'd like me to review your system for possible causes, follow the steps here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/faq.htm#8

[Edited on 12-21-2012 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 152535, Topic: tid=10197, author=Sorrowthorn wrote:Also, trying to join server 1 gives me a notification saying i need a multiplayer profile, how do i create one of these?
:cool: Unless you have a specific need to use that server, try one of the others. Most of them don't require a special profile.
Sorrowthorn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sorrowthorn »

Thank you very much for your prompt responses, running as administrator from the application icon in the game folder instead of the Steam desktop game icon solved my problem. It looks gorgeous out there :-)

Now I just need to find a way to map my 360 controller for basic flight control

Regards

Nick
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Glad you got it working. You should be able to map the controls to the way you prefer. If you have more than one game control device plugged in, use the left and right arrow keys at the top of any control configuration menu to change devices until you find the ID that responds to your 360 controller, then map the inputs as desired.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Raven0
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Raven0 »

Sorrowthorn, Microsoft has a free download that allows you to use a 360 controller with a PC. Their website is being changed right now so I don't have a link. A search should turn up something though.