[em 2.108] spawning "inside" battleships a lot *FIXED 2.158*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
zex
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by zex »

On both the CAV and SP6 multiplayer servers, I spawn inside of battleships when I load my game. This happens to me almost every time, if not every time I am destroyed, or when I initially join the server. This happens regardless of when I last saved the game.

This does not happen in single player.

I haven't seen anyone else mention anything like this, perhaps it is unique to my save file somehow.

When I say I spawn inside a battleship - I mean exactly that. I am occupying the same space as the ship, and if the ship is hostile it can even fire on me :) I usually just jump to get unstuck from colliding with the inside of the ship over and over again.

Any thoughts? I'd hate to lose my ranks and stuff making a new character.

[Edited on 1-6-2013 by Vice]
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Post by Capt_Caveman »

send that profile to vice to look at
zex
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by zex »

Will do - at work right now but I'll shoot it to him later on today.

[edit] That didn't take as long as I thought it would. Back at the machine now and I am preparing to send the profile

Thanks for the advice - see ya out there!

[Edited on 12-19-2012 by zex]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Probably no need to send the profile, but if you do, I'll keep it handy for testing against. I should be able to pin down the cause and fix it for the next update.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
zex
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by zex »

Thanks Vice, I have sent the profile. Have to say it's a little unsettling when the Federation can just *plop* ships on top of me :)

I hope they don't share this wormhole technology with others!
Frost N7
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Frost N7 »

-Capitalship Ploping For Morons-
"A classic how to" - Frost

Heh , lel

~[N7]Frost
zex
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by zex »

Nooooooooooo! WHERE ARE THE CENSORS?!?!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Thanks for the profile, it helped a lot in pinning down the bug, which was very elusive. Took me pretty much all evening to find it and it turned out to be related to your single player fleet ships. One of the ID's matched an ID used for the capital ship in multiplayer, so the game would mistakenly place it at your location due to not properly accounting for the active multiplayer mode. I have fixed this for the next update and have confirmed it now works correctly with your profile. I hope to have the next update available sometime in the next week or two. In the meantime, you can dismiss ship #3 in your fleet (third one over in the formation row when you order them to form on you) and hire another different ship to take their place, which should solve it until the next update becomes available. I can also probably get you set up with a pre-release test build before then if you want to give that a try.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
zex
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by zex »

Poor #3 - he's not going to make it on his own.. I even had to tell the poor guy when to refuel/reload :(

Great work finding that one - I really appreciate you and the rest of the community here..

Also, I certainly do want to get set up with a test build! :D Bugs seem to gravitate toward me, so that sounds like a win-win!

Now, off to give #3 the bad news, then try to get a good night sleep without thinking about how he's going to feed his poor family.. ugh.. and christmas is coming too... maybe I should just deal with the cap ships.