Server Connection issues

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
soldierxx28
Ensign
Ensign

Server Connection issues

Post by soldierxx28 »

Hello there,

I dloaded the most recent version of the server today. I also have the most recent version of the game as I purchased it this past weekend. Me and a friend of mine are wanting to play the game via a private server. I have gone through every single step. to include the port forwarding. The server runs fine. I can connect to it using the proper information. Also there is an exception on my firewall for the client AND the server. My friend ( who lives in a different state ) cannot connect to the server. Yes i have given him the proper server information. The error he was getting was a connection denial or the ip address was incorrect or blocked. ( this error should not have happened.)

I need to find out somehow if i am doing something wrong or he is doing something wrong. I have included my text2.dat. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

[Edited on 12-18-2012 by Vice]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Server Connection issues

Post by Vice »

Your configuration looks ok to me. Verify that the external internet IP address is what you have typed in line 501 and that is the address your friend is attempting to connect on. If you internet connection resets from time to time, your ISP will often assign you a new address, so a likely cause for any connection problems is that the address you have specified is not correct. You can also use the game to retrieve your internet address before connecting.

Another possible cause is that the required ports (22888 TCP and 22889 UDP) are either listed wrong in your router's configuration menu or they have been forwarded to the wrong LAN address.

I am removing your config file from your post for security reasons. If you need further support, you can send such data to me directly via e-mail and not post it publically.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations