Evochron Mercenary 2.0 available...

Official SW3DG related announcements and news.
-splosives-
Captain
Captain

Sweet!!!

Post by -splosives- »

Probably has something to do with the new big picture mode for steam that's causing some trouble.
SplosivesCorp: Bringing people closer to destruction.
Viper
Captain
Captain

Sweet!!!

Post by Viper »

I'm not familiar with Steam installations, but wouldn't it be possible to just completely uninstall your previous EM (Steam) version, download EM v2.0 and install that as is? If you still have your registration key and ID, I don't see why that shouldn't work?...
\"For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother\"
-splosives-
Captain
Captain

Sweet!!!

Post by -splosives- »

Indeed, that's what I did. I actually still have the original version installed on my PC on steam.
Exal
Ensign
Ensign

Sweet!!!

Post by Exal »

I think that's what I'm gunna do but can some one plz explain how to save your saves games and put them on new download
Viper
Captain
Captain

Sweet!!!

Post by Viper »

Normally your save games would be in c:/sw3dg/EvochronMercenary/, but I'm not sure how that works with Steam installations. I'm pretty sure the game retains your save game files though. But just to be sure, you should indeed back them up.
-splosives-
Captain
Captain

Sweet!!!

Post by -splosives- »

works the same on steam
Exal
Ensign
Ensign

Sweet!!!

Post by Exal »

Okay thanks I guess I'll try that hopefully I won't mess anything up
DooMAGE
Ensign
Ensign

Sweet!!!

Post by DooMAGE »

I think the majority of the evo players are steam players, so i think this issue have to be reported to valve asap.
Thanks for the awsers :)
Busch
Captain
Captain

Sweet!!!

Post by Busch »

Just a heads-up. Not sure how it is with Steam, and I don't wanna go into a rant...but....

The game installs in two locations on your system, dependant upon a few considerations the greatest of which is how you have your hardware set up. At both locations, the folders that install are tagged "sw3dg". Inside of each of these folders is another folder tagged "Evochron Mrecenary". The game folder that WILL uninstall when you run "uninstall" on your system for the removing the game itself, is the same folder that has all the GAME info in it. Like the evo.dat files, the read-me file; the game-executeable stuff. The other sw3dg/Evochron Mercenary folder contains all of your game play/pilot profile information. Like the keydata file, pilotX.sw/.bak files, your maplog file, your ship/wpn lab templates, and etc. This folder is where the games' savedata function deposits its' gleanings as well. This folder is also the one of which you should make regular back-up copies. And, unless one commits an unfortunate act, this folder WILL NOT uninstall with the game folder when you do a wipe-n-reload. But make a back-up copy of your profile anyway. Murphy lurks....

:)
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Delta Vee
Ensign
Ensign

Sweet!!!

Post by Delta Vee »

So...finally logged into the new set up...and...how do I put this?

*points to the hole in the desk* That is where my jaw hit when I finally loaded in.

It's beautiful! Didn't think it would get better and it did! Thank you! can't wait to fly around more!
Schmidtrock
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Sweet!!!

Post by Schmidtrock »

Thank you Vice, most awesome!!
AnFiach
Ensign
Ensign

Sweet!!!

Post by AnFiach »

Beautiful work Vice. Brings a tear to my eye :P
gillbo
Ensign
Ensign

Sweet!!!

Post by gillbo »

Hi guys, well splurged out and bought the game. I have been working around a few bugs, but I have been reading the forums and having some success. I reinstalled last night and I am having a lot of fun. I spent 30 mins in the hangar just getting my spaceship sorted out!!!. Looking forward to building some more and flying some missions.
Awesome work......... Oh and the support around here is great.
reynolds83
Ensign
Ensign

Sweet!!!

Post by reynolds83 »

Im still waiting for steam to update the game. I am starting to wonder if they are even going to bother updating it. Anyone any news on this.
DooMAGE
Ensign
Ensign

Sweet!!!

Post by DooMAGE »

From post: 151228, Topic: tid=10061, author=reynolds83 wrote:Im still waiting for steam to update the game. I am starting to wonder if they are even going to bother updating it. Anyone any news on this.
I think the steam will never update the game .... :(
-splosives-
Captain
Captain

Sweet!!!

Post by -splosives- »

We should all send angry emails to Gabe Newell.
Zenith
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Sweet!!!

Post by Zenith »

From post: 151251, Topic: tid=10061, author=-splosives- wrote:We should all send angry emails to Gabe Newell.
Not really necessary, just don't use Steam, or pay them any money. It's never been a very good service, especially their ridiculous $1 = £1 pricing, not to mention the many screw-ups with patches/expansions etc.

As a note, you don't even need Steam. Download the game separately, grab your ID/key from Steam, and then use them to register said download. Problem solved.
Viper
Captain
Captain

Sweet!!!

Post by Viper »

I might have found a very small glitch.

I was in one of the external views (sorry but can't recall which one) when I heard a missile being fired at me from one of the hostiles. I switched back to cockpit view, saw the missile approaching but noticed it did not have the missiles indicator around it (that red-white arrow like indicator). Haven't been able to duplicate it yet, but will do so if needed.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Sweet!!!

Post by Vice »

At this point, please report any bugs you may find to me directly via e-mail. It'll reach me faster than way and have less of a chance of getting missed.

Not sure on that one, may have been a missed state update on that object index when the view was changed.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Exal
Ensign
Ensign

Sweet!!!

Post by Exal »

Steam just updated it
-splosives-
Captain
Captain

Sweet!!!

Post by -splosives- »

yup, looks like steam updated it. But the screenshots and the trailer are still the same.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Sweet!!!

Post by Vice »

Here is some information for players encountering stop errors and how to fix them due to a common cause after updating to version 2.X.

A few players have reported encountering some error related stops in the game after updating to version 2.X. It usually occurs during the loading phase of the game (often in the 30-80% range). The cause may often be attributed to leaving old mod files behind that are not compatible with the new customizing systems in 2.X.

Remember that 2.X changes a lot of things with the media file system and there are new customizing options that are not compatible with version 1.X of the game. Leaving behind old mod files, especially for old cockpits and background environment graphics, can results in the game reporting an error about not being able to load/create an image, bitmap, mesh, or object. It may also just cause a CTD.

So when you upgrade to 2.X, make sure to remove any old mod folders you have remaining in the install folder before launching the game. Once you've got the game up and running, you can update the mods to work with 2.X as needed or reinstall them if they're still compatible. Refer to the revised customizing kit for details on what's new and what has changed: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmerce ... nloads.htm
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Zenith
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Sweet!!!

Post by Zenith »

From post: 151354, Topic: tid=10061, author=-splosives- wrote:yup, looks like steam updated it. But the screenshots and the trailer are still the same.
Well, you can't expect too much, they've probably busted a gut just uploading the new file!
Letoras
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Sweet!!!

Post by Letoras »

I got a bigger smile than joker....i am thrilled from the expansion so far!!!!!! Amazing new stuff so far that completely change the game....cannot wait to see what else is there......

Mr. Vice, you have done it again!!!!
Surf Solar.
DooMAGE
Ensign
Ensign

Sweet!!!

Post by DooMAGE »

I miss the old soundtrack, the new one is repetitive.