Hosting feature request

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
DennyMala
Captain
Captain

Hosting feature request

Post by DennyMala »

I noticed that when hosting a game in AA you can only limit the number of player slots available; no way to set a password for a protected game or kick a player in case this action would be needed.

I think those two things could be handy and I hope they are easy to code.

[Edited on 5/2/2012 by DennyMala]
Best regards

[IM] DennyMala
countjimula
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hosting feature request

Post by countjimula »

You can always host a private game and your IP address in effect becomes your password for other players wanting to join.

The host can kick players.

From the manual: The host can kick a player from the game by typing <servcomm>kick and then the number of the player to kick (no spaces)
countjimula
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hosting feature request

Post by countjimula »

Sorry the command is (less than sign)servcomm(greater than sign)kick and then the number of the player to kick (no spaces)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hosting feature request

Post by Marvin »

:o That would be rude ... just kicking players willy-nilly. Not what IM is about. Denny just wants to set a player limit to what his ISP can handle. But, at the same time, insure IM pilots get a slot.
XinCasa
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Hosting feature request

Post by XinCasa »

Hey guys. Yesterday I hosted an mp game in AA while playing in campaign mode and noticed that the number & name of the incoming players in the hosted game shows on the right side of the screen. All the time I was playing in campaign mode I was getting msgs that attempts were made to enter the game in the lower right of the screen yet there were no other players in the game. I wonder why? Is it because they couldn't or wouldn't enter the game? Does playing the campaign mode in a hosted game affect other player entrance?
Self-interest rules. Nothing is ever as it seems cuz no 2 people see the same thing the same way. Reality is illusion, and objectivity is void. Self-interest rules absolutely.
DennyMala
Captain
Captain

Hosting feature request

Post by DennyMala »

I didn't check for commands as I almost expected to have a button near the name to let a player out of the server.

Communicating the IP each time to the others mean you need another comm in place, having the ability to set a password will allow us to know it and use it publishing the IP on the list. Easier.
Best regards

[IM] DennyMala