Arvoch Alliance multi-player date and time coordination

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
countjimula
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by countjimula »

I would like to use this thread as well as a skype group to coordinate dates and times for Arvoch Alliance multi player sessions. Skype will work better for this than a regular chat room because the history of the chat is available to the users, and not just what was said when the user was logged in. The history does not become unavailable when the user logs out.

using skype for this purpose is completely free and only requires that you download skype and create an account.

you can add me as a contact using the skype name countjimula

please mention Arvoch in the request message

Once some date and times are established we can post them on the main forum. Right now I am looking at this Saturday Jan 28th 2pm EST as a good multi player start time.

If you all want to use this for voice chat that is fine, but I will not be able to talk on it (at least without sounding really bad). What I hear is fine, but inputting anything with what I have without ASIO comparability sounds bad and I have not figured out how to fix it.

It is not due to a bad mic, in fact brown Santa (UPS) is delivering a Heil pr 40 to my place tomorrow :)
XinCasa
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by XinCasa »

Hello Countjimula. Are you saying that skype is mandatory to participate in the games that you schedule? Good Luck Pilot! :cool:
Self-interest rules. Nothing is ever as it seems cuz no 2 people see the same thing the same way. Reality is illusion, and objectivity is void. Self-interest rules absolutely.
countjimula
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by countjimula »

From post: 127509, Topic: tid=8609, author=XinCasa wrote:Hello Countjimula. Are you saying that skype is mandatory to participate in the games that you schedule? Good Luck Pilot! :cool:
Not at all, there are a few reasons I want to use skype (and this is just for me personally it has nothing to do with StarWraith 3D Games).

I usually check skype 5+ times a day and it is almost always running in the background, so I see it a lot more than I see this site.

If someone wants to check skype (and see if they got a new message from this group) they can, but otherwise it is very unintrusive (and you know exactly what it is).

Because of its unintrusive nature we can send a lot more messages like "anyone want to play Arvoch in 20 min (or even right now)?" in skype than would be appropriate in this forum.

The message is sent to everyone in the group.

Once the group gets a fairly definite time when some people say they will join, and we determine the host, we can post it on the main forum, and make those posts more dependable then they are now.

Right now I am having some technical difficulties with hosting a game, but I a have not yet exhausted the possible solutions on my end.

[Edited on 1-30-2012 by countjimula]
XinCasa
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by XinCasa »

Thanks for the heads-up countjimula. I'll continue to follow you in the forums. Good Luck Pilot :cool:
Self-interest rules. Nothing is ever as it seems cuz no 2 people see the same thing the same way. Reality is illusion, and objectivity is void. Self-interest rules absolutely.
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

Hi Count, I would be interested in scheduling some MP sessions as well. If you need me to help test your hosting abilities again, just shoot me a u2u.
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
countjimula
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by countjimula »

Thank you for your help, now it looks like I can host from my computer.
countjimula
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by countjimula »

It looks like we are going to have a multi player game at 2pm EST today (Sun Feb 5th) feel free to join
countjimula
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by countjimula »

It seems like we just missed each other again, or had some login issues, so for the next time perhaps it will be best if we can all meet in a public EM server before going to Arvoch Alliance, and communicate in EM until we are in the Arvoch game. I hope none of the EM hosts would mind us doing this to find players.
XinCasa
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by XinCasa »

From post: 129164, Topic: tid=8609, author=countjimula wrote:It seems like we just missed each other again, or had some login issues, so for the next time perhaps it will be best if we can all meet in a public EM server before going to Arvoch Alliance, and communicate in EM until we are in the Arvoch game. I hope none of the EM hosts would mind us doing this to find players.
See my U2U. It appears that I'm not the only one who is not getting your mp host while in-game. Do you think it may be a GMT issue?