Atmosphere Combat 101

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Mecingo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Atmosphere Combat 101

Post by Mecingo »

Worked on a technique for fighting in a atmosphere, the video here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeB7puLw5-U

Note: I do not claim this to be my own combat method since someone else probably fights like this but I was not taught it, so get over it I'm trying to help rooks and what I get, being criticized for calling it my own which I don't, wow just wow. Thank you for the few that actually say thank you, just trying to make it easier for noobs and rooks one step at a time.

Particle: Ice-spear (Maxim-R is good to)
Laser: Fusion
Missiles: Exodus (You can do this without missiles, but missiles make it go by faster)
Frame: Lamprey (Avenger, Evoch-C, and Chimera are also good frames, any military frame I should say)
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Atmosphere Combat 101

Post by Dingo »

Nicely done, sir. :cool:
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
SpeedFreek
Ensign
Ensign

Atmosphere Combat 101

Post by SpeedFreek »

I could use this - I just reached the last IMG quest. Seems like I will have to ditch the Mammoth frame, though. :)
Busch
Captain
Captain

Atmosphere Combat 101

Post by Busch »

Excellent work, Mecingo. :) :cool::cool:
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Mecingo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Atmosphere Combat 101

Post by Mecingo »

From post: 113664, Topic: tid=7929, author=SpeedFreek wrote:I could use this - I just reached the last IMG quest. Seems like I will have to ditch the Mammoth frame, though. :)
Also Something I did not mention, you should get into a high about 25,000 to 30,000 altitude to fight sticking to low will be dangerous to your ship.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Atmosphere Combat 101

Post by Maarschalk »

Good one Mecingo.......;):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
SpeedFreek
Ensign
Ensign

Atmosphere Combat 101

Post by SpeedFreek »

From post: 113675, Topic: tid=7929, author=Mecingo wrote:
From post: 113664, Topic: tid=7929, author=SpeedFreek wrote:I could use this - I just reached the last IMG quest. Seems like I will have to ditch the Mammoth frame, though. :)
Also Something I did not mention, you should get into a high about 25,000 to 30,000 altitude to fight sticking to low will be dangerous to your ship.
Good advice! I had a few attempts at the contract, with 3 WayPoints and 24 enemies, and after a few false starts I was able to deal with most of the first WP in the outer gravity zone, but each time I ended up dying, due to skimming the atmosphere whilst moving too fast and burning up, trying to avoid missiles or escape after taking damage.

In the end, I was offered help by Marvin and even then, I kept messing up by dying! Finally I managed to work out how to survive and with the help of Marvin, Starbuck and Denny we completed all the waypoints - I only managed 1 or 2 kills at each WP as the others were much quicker at dealing with the reds than I am.

So, thanks to the help of the [IM], I can now make a start on the IMG quest for peace.

:)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Atmosphere Combat 101

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Speed, you did good enough to handle most (if not all) of the combat in the Quest for Peace. It is, after all, a quest for peace ... and has you doing quite a bit of diplomatic duty. The kind that drives Denny to distraction (I love it).
Mecingo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Atmosphere Combat 101

Post by Mecingo »

From post: 113785, Topic: tid=7929, author=SpeedFreek wrote:
From post: 113675, Topic: tid=7929, author=Mecingo wrote:
Good advice! I had a few attempts at the contract, with 3 WayPoints and 24 enemies, and after a few false starts I was able to deal with most of the first WP in the outer gravity zone, but each time I ended up dying, due to skimming the atmosphere whilst moving too fast and burning up, trying to avoid missiles or escape after taking damage.

In the end, I was offered help by Marvin and even then, I kept messing up by dying! Finally I managed to work out how to survive and with the help of Marvin, Starbuck and Denny we completed all the waypoints - I only managed 1 or 2 kills at each WP as the others were much quicker at dealing with the reds than I am.

So, thanks to the help of the [IM], I can now make a start on the IMG quest for peace.

:)
On multiple way-points it's best to make a pit stop back to the city and buy 1 unit of fuel just to reload cms between way-points, I'm just guessing maybe getting hit by missiles could have been one of your problems.

Also maintain a good speed about around 800-1400 and circle around the swarm as much as possible to find a target on the edge. Since burn up was one of your problems, best to dive under at least at 1400 speed when getting hit and get out of there to recharge your shields.

Believe me their is nothing like doing a 7 way point contract on a planet by yourself it's fun :)

[Edited on 8-30-2011 by Mecingo]