Nav point problem

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
maxsil
Ensign
Ensign

Nav point problem

Post by maxsil »

Hi, so i bough the game, started playing, took a mission, put a nav point rather close to my objective, pressed jump and them the nav point changed to a random location by a green nebula about 255k from where i originally set it, so i quit, re-launched and tried again, same thing the nav point changes to 255k from where i put it just before the jump completes wich instantly causes the mission to fail

This seems to be completley random and iv'e only been able to complete one mission without being sent to another zone, what should i do?

Also, when your'e cleaning solar panels are there some sort of indicator where the next is?
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Nav point problem

Post by 49rTbird »

When you take a mission the jump point is set for you automatically. If you change it you may fail as you have seen. Jump onto Multi-player for help if you can. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you in Multi-Player sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
maxsil
Ensign
Ensign

Nav point problem

Post by maxsil »

From post: 109476, Topic: tid=7712, author=thetiebers wrote:When you take a mission the jump point is set for you automatically. If you change it you may fail as you have seen. Jump onto Multi-player for help if you can. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you in Multi-Player sometime.:)
Thanks,
but Iv'e tried simply using the Automatic one aswell, though that seems to yeld the same result, sometimes it works, sometimes it won't

Also, now i see that the nav point is set 255k from my current location, and not the location it was previously set on.

Interestingly, when choosing the solar cleaning contract, it does take me to a solar panel, however in the wrong sector, and it seems to be the only one around

[Edited on 6-29-2011 by maxsil]
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Nav point problem

Post by 49rTbird »

Depending on the contract mission it may put you aways from the point needed but headed in the right direction.;)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
maxsil
Ensign
Ensign

Nav point problem

Post by maxsil »

From post: 109478, Topic: tid=7712, author=thetiebers wrote:Depending on the contract mission it may put you aways from the point needed but headed in the right direction.;)
Nope, i see where the nav point is, but as soon as i click the "jump" button, it changes it to a random position 255k away, and on every single occasion the contract has failed because of this

Migh mention i'm using the mouse to look around and change direction of my ship

EDIT
Interesting... by opening then nav menu and pressing launch from there, i seem to end up in the right places most of the time, thoug about every 3rd jump i get off by a whole sector

maxsil
Ensign
Ensign

Nav point problem

Post by maxsil »

Ok, now this is very interesting, when it random jumps, it jumps to the exact correct place, only in the wrong sector, usually the one to the left or the one over me

EDIT

I THINK I GOT IT!

Sometimes it puts the Vertical position right, bot not the horizontal and vice versa, but this is not detected because you have to rotate the map manually, so all i have to do is doulbe check it every time and correct it if it's wrong

Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nav point problem

Post by Marvin »

:o What "jump" button are you clicking on? If you click on the nav map, doing so will change your waypoint.
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Nav point problem

Post by MMaggio »

DO NOT USE ALT+ WHEN JUMPING!!
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"