NavPoints not appearing for some contracts?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
d3drocks
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by d3drocks »

hey,
I'm a little confused here. I failed a contract, and went to redo it. I accepted it, but it didn't set a waypoint for me as it did before. this isnt normal behavior for the game, is it?
anyone have any idea of why this is?
would be nice if missions had their own kind of waypoint as well.
Jack Dandy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jack Dandy »

Weird... you can't restart a contract- they're always randomized and get a new nav point when you start 'em.
When you take a new contract, the coordinates are set automatically into your hyperjump drive coordinates, so you can jump there right away.

Agree on the special contracts though- would be cool to have a mission take place in a radar/targetting-jamming nebula, and have it pay more!
d3drocks
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by d3drocks »

From post: 109200, Topic: tid=7700, author=Jack Dandy wrote:Weird... you can't restart a contract- they're always randomized and get a new nav point when you start 'em.
When you take a new contract, the coordinates are set automatically into your hyperjump drive coordinates, so you can jump there right away.

Agree on the special contracts though- would be cool to have a mission take place in a radar/targetting-jamming nebula, and have it pay more!
its weird. when i took the race contract again (2nd intro one), no navpoint was set for me. i canceled and went back to get another, but it still didnt show up. must be a bug i guess.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Did you cancel the first race contract? Also, if you download the customizing kit, you can use it to create different marker designs ... allowing you to change the current ones to something more to your taste.
d3drocks
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by d3drocks »

From post: 109208, Topic: tid=7700, author=Marvin wrote:Did you cancel the first race contract? Also, if you download the customizing kit, you can use it to create different marker designs ... allowing you to change the current ones to something more to your taste.
I canceled it, yes. I deleted my profile and started a new one (it was only 2 contracts in, and very fresh). I'll take a look at the customizing kit, thanks.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:o Usually, deleting your profile won't help. Sometimes, it's just a Yoda moment. For instant help, log on to MMaggio's Remula One server and ask around. If enough players are on line, likely as not somebody will have already encountered the same problem and will have the answer. Even if the answer is to send your profile to Vice.
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Post by Capt_Caveman »

are you trying to do the img race mission? if so it cannot be done in multiplayer
d3drocks
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by d3drocks »

From post: 109290, Topic: tid=7700, author=capt_cronic wrote:are you trying to do the img race mission? if so it cannot be done in multiplayer
I was doing it single player. I managed to get it to work after restarting the game a couple of times.