Random Event System in Development...

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Nigel_Strange
Captain
Captain

Post by Nigel_Strange »

Emergency! State of war declared between the Mechanoids and the Palyars. 25 fulcrum torpedoes required immediately on planet Targ.

(bonus to whomever gets this reference).
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P yep :cool::cool:
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 108447, Topic: tid=7643, author=Nigel_Strange wrote:4. When you sell something that you bought at a station, you should see that in the station's inventory so you can buy it again if you change your mind.
:cool: Not right away, hopefully. Unless you're willing to pay the associated processing and re-shelving fees.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

1. There should be some place where the distress mission is stored so I don't have to scroll up through the chat log to find it. As I dock at lots of stations, the chat log gets filled up, so it becomes harder to find the original text. As an alternative, you might color the text, if that is possible, so the DC texts are highlighted somehow.
It might be possible to come up with a special coloring system for that text, although it sure adds to the challenge and time pressure :)
2. When there is a distress call to deliver goods to a planet, that planet must have a city on it. I got a call to deliver some metal to Virgo, but I could not find a city on it from the nav map.
There are two planets in the Virgo system, both have cities. Distress calls should only come from planets with cities on them, it's part of the system. You can dock at any city, not just the main trade city. And keep in mind, you must be in the same sector as the planet in order to pinpoint a city's location on the nav sensors.
3. I haven't seen all the types of calls, but I hope that the types of goods that are needed in an emergency is fairly narrow. It's amazing how scarce the "common" goods are when you are under a deadline to find and deliver them.
It is fairly narrow, around five or so. Plus, if you want to be a 'first responder', you can prepare in advance for emergencies and stock your cargo bay with those items before the distress calls are received.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Galaxian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Galaxian »

Awesome! I''m really looking forward to this.

:cool:
- Galaxy Defense Industries -

Find out more --> Galaxy Defense Industries

*If the enemy is in weapons range, so are you.*