Multiplayer server program - suggestions

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
gh0stwizard
Ensign
Ensign

Post by gh0stwizard »

1. Is it possible to modify the server program for easy starting on remote servers? At this moment server program requires DirectX, this is trouble at this moment. Yes, with some manipulations can run the server remotely, but this process could be been made a more easily.

2. Is it possible to modify the server program to run as windows service? I know some techniques to create services for programs without this support. But, it will be nice if server program support this mode from "box".

Is there any comments about this ?

Thanks.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

1 - I have made several attempts to port the program to a different platform that would allow for the removal of the Direct3D dependencies and they have not been successful. A recent overhaul of the multiplayer system has opened the opportunity to review this again, however, an unexplainable crash is preventing me from continuing on the project at this time. It is something I want to eventually do.

2 - Yes. You simply set up the config file for the program to autolaunch with the parameters you need, then add the server program to your start task list as any other startup service/program. The program will not set itself up as a windows service natively and there aren't plans to implement it. It will require manually setting it up.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations