Hats off to Vice

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Taman
Ensign
Ensign

Hats off to Vice

Post by Taman »

I've really been craving a good space flight sim the past few years, with the genre seeing a comeback with the likes of Elite and Star Citizen.
Unfortunately I can't justify spending the money on a rig that would do either of those games justice.
I put a decent number of hours into X3:AP last year and did enjoy my time, but something just didn't click. I think the empire management became a bit overwhelming for me.
I wanted immersion! One of my favorite gaming memories is playing Morrowind and hearing a thunderstorm roll in, and being so immersed that I wondered where my character should take shelter.

Man, does this game have immersion in spades. Once I figured out I could turn off the dashboard, and found out where the freelook button was (F10), things really took off.
I was in awe as I flew through a planet's ring and could see the tiny particles as my ship passed through.
The game has a really good sense of place, meaning I can tell I've travelled great distances based on how bright that distant star is, or how the nebulas I see have changed.
Sometimes I find myself navigating to a point on the map because I just wonder what things look like over there!

Well, that's enough for now, but I look forward to continuing my journey as a lone mercenary making his fortune.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hats off to Vice

Post by Vice »

That's great, glad you're enjoying the game! Welcome aboard.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Hats off to Vice

Post by Rooster »

+1