NMS

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: NMS

Post by Rooster »

NMS is also the reason I finally got EL.

I recently did a play-through in Litbubes Universe, a mod for X3: Albion Prelude. Wrote a flight log on the Egosoft forums too. You can also check my flight log here. I write every day I am in space. I have a thousand hours in Elite also. I was in a place of just waiting for updates. Then I remembered that I had meant to to get EL a long long time ago and with the surge of releases it slipped my grasp. Even after Iron Man sent me a message on Steam and everything. Geebus. Then NMS's came out with what they where calling their game and wallah.

Back in the seat in EL.

Thank you NMS's.
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Post by Rubber Chicken »

I have EM, EL, and Elite. 2 Space Flight sims and 1 "jet planes in space (mostly)" game is currently all I can afford. At the moment, I can't afford time to play any of them. :(
The reason I have these titles is because the differing concepts of how the respective 'simulations' are handled fulfills different wants I have. For example: the exquisite inertial flight control of EM/EL vs. the more "flip the switch and flop around like a dying fish" control of Elite leads me to prefer EM/EL. However, I really do prefer the super cruise travel of Elite vs. the point-to-point jump travel of EM/EL. There are a few other comparative points that had split my focus between the aforementioned games.

I can't say I ever really bought the hype over any games other than the release of EL. That was hype purely generated by me, myself and I, and solely directed at me, myself and I due to being so impressed by the predecessor title EM.
I went into Elite knowing that there was going to be lack in certain areas of my personal expectation, but that overall I'd find it satisfactory.

I expect the same could be said for NMS. If I had the time and funds to buy it and play it, I'm sure I could find many points about it that would make me say I would keep it in my library vs. refunding or just writing-of the wasted cash. That said, I'm not in any hurry to pick it up to play in the hopeful future. Maybe if I see it on sale for a good price, I'll add it to my Steam library and check it out when I can.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Played a little NMS this week. I miss two things: (1) a compass and (2) inertial (exacerbated by the inability to see behind you). Not game-changers ... just irritants.