Playspace consistency online/offline

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Serverus
Ensign
Ensign

Playspace consistency online/offline

Post by Serverus »

Hello! I'm a new member and convert to the Evochron series, and I merely was wondering how discoveries online from other players transfers to the offline experience, if at all. As an afterthought, I'd like to thank Vice. Your games and programming genius are second to none.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Playspace consistency online/offline

Post by Vice »

Hello and welcome. If the 'discoveries' are stored to the player's nav map log (ie location based), then they will carry them over into single player and will be available in the map log in either gameplay mode. Discovered build formulas will carry over in the same way. If the 'discoveries' involve cargo or equipment items, those will follow the ship if installed (or stored in the ship's cargo bay). If items are stored in a hangar, then those will follow the hangar that exists in the universe being played on at the time (meaning they will be bound to the server's universe and stations built there if in multiplayer or single player stations if offline). So if you want to transfer something back and forth, it will either need to be stored or installed on your ship or be a transferable map log entry/build formula.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Serverus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Serverus »

Thank you! For everything!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Keep a couple things in mind:

1. If you store stuff at a station and that station gets destroyed, you lose your stuff.

2. If you forget where you stored something, you can get it listed in the Chat window via the Inventory menu (default F3) by selecting -> "News/Information" button -> "View Hangar Details" button.