Evochron Legacy issue

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Grendor
Ensign
Ensign

Evochron Legacy issue

Post by Grendor »

Hey,

Yesterday I purchased Evochron Legacy as I have your other games.
Problem is I could not keep it working and after lots of trial and error I gave up and asked steam for a refund.

I will now explain the issue.
I am running windows 8.1 64bit with 32gb ram and a R9 270x video card.

So I got game installed and was going thru tutorials and the game crashed.
It was not an error crash but like the game was exited about 15 minutes after starting tutorials.
So I add the game to my virus protection exception list and tried again and about 20 minutes later the crash happened again.
So then I closed my virus protection and tried again and again it crashed.
I got no errors at all and none in the windows logs.

So i got mad and gave up on it and asked steam for a refund.
I am not sure why the game does not like my system but I thought you should know about the issue.

I uninstalled game and then deleted all folder related to the game.
I was not sure how fast your response would be and did not want to be stuck with the game if I could not get it working.

I may buy the game again to try it if I see any patches or I if you can tell me if the issue could/can be fixed.

Thanks for your time.
Gren
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Evochron Legacy issue

Post by Vice »

Hello Gren. If you follow the steps outlined here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegacy/faq.htm#208

I can look into the issue for you. Otherwise, there isn't enough information to go on to determine what the issue would be. A list of crash causes and solutions is available here: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtop ... =26&t=6595

I can say that most of the time, lack of available memory is generally the cause (usually blocked by something else running on the system, so even if you have enough memory installed, the block a game requests may not be available). Since you are running a Radeon card, you may also want to look into whether you are running 'Gaming Evolved' (aka Raptr) as that has been known to cause games to crash in general (that issue is covered at the link of crash causes and solutions above).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Grendor
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Grendor »

Hello Vice,

Thanks for the reply to the post.
I dont run Raptr as I have other utilities that I use to sometimes record games but have not used in a long time.
I have all windows updates as well as all the latest drivers for my system devices.

Anyways right now Steam is refunding me tomorrow as it is currently pending.
I really just wanted to let you know about the issues I had.
it is very rare for me to have game issues as I have well over 600 games and am pretty good at troubleshooting.
And as i said I have your other game that runs fine.

I will attempt to purchase again in the future.
Thanks for the reply.
Have a great 2018
Gren
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I'd certainly like to figure it out for you. If the cause isn't found, it won't ever be fixed for you, so it's worth investigating on my part. You can use the free demo to troubleshoot the problem in the meantime, no cost and free to use for however long is needed until the problem can be found. Once I have the msinfo report on your system, I should be able to determine more about what may have happened.
StarWraith 3D Games
Grendor
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Grendor »

Hello,

Do you have an email to send the ms32info file as i don't like posting files on forums?

As for the demo I guess i can try that to see what happens.

Thanks
Gren
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Yes, the address is available at starwraith.com > contact and you can follow the steps at the link I posted above ( http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegacy/faq.htm#208 ) for specific directions on preparing and sending the msinfo32 report (no need to include a save game, just the zipped nfo file).
StarWraith 3D Games
Grendor
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Grendor »

Hello Vice,

Ok I sent the file you requested and it is zipped with no password needed.
I have not downloaded the demo yet as i was considering buying the game again to troubleshoot, but it is no longer on sale on steam.
I will have to wait to the next time sale is on as I am on disability and every dollar matters.
I will install demo later today about 12 hours from this reply.

Let me know if you see anything.
Thanks in advance
Gren
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Thanks for the report, I've replied with some suggestions to try and diagnose the issue further.
StarWraith 3D Games