Terminally Inactive Crew Member

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
SolarWarden
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Terminally Inactive Crew Member

Post by SolarWarden »

I had three crew members: Navigator, Engineer, and Weapons. I downgraded my frame for a quicker ship and lost a crew slot, looking to get rid of my navigator, but Navigator and Engineer filled the two slots leaving my Weapons guy Inactive. Hoping to rectify this, I dismissed the Navigator hoping the Weapons guy would move in and fill the open slot, but instead he remains terminally inactive. Is there a way to get him to fill the empty seat without going back into the shipyard and doing a nightmare frame switch around session or dismissing him and starting over (loyalty: 100 + skill: 100 = sad face)?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Terminally Inactive Crew Member

Post by Vice »

If the crew member you dismissed was in crew slot one, yes, just move the inactive crew member from their assigned inactive position to the now open top crew slot. To do that, simply hold the Alt key so that the alternate selection modes appear in the crew management console, then click on the 'Top' button that appears next to the inactive crew member to move them up to the crew slot.

If you need to dismiss a crew member in a secondary slot, simply set up the order you want your crew listed before you begin downsizing your ship (by using the 'top' option to order them as desired). You can then control the order/sequence you rotate your crew around if/when you downsize available crew slots and want to restore one back to active status.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
SolarWarden
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Re: Terminally Inactive Crew Member

Post by SolarWarden »

Ooooh. Learn something new everyday. Thanks!