Planet Classes and Store Stocks

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Dragon
Ensign
Ensign

Planet Classes and Store Stocks

Post by Dragon »

I colonized an uncharted system right on the Vonari's doorstep (obviously) and built on a nice "yes to all" industrial planet close to one of the local stars. I have thus far pushed the tech level up from 19 to 81 and better equipment is starting to appear in the stores. Federation control of the system currently stands at 72%. But before I continue building on this single planet, there is something I need some clarity on:

Do the planet classes only affect trade commodities or does it affect weapons and equipment as well? I do have a tech planet nearby, should I colonize this planet to gain access to top tier equipment or is it solely based on system tech level? I have noticed that stations and cities that have top tier stuff in stock tend to be on/in orbit of a tech planet. Port Rivoch even had a terrain walker in stock! and I couldn't buy it there and then, should have sold a kidney for more cash...

Also, do territory control have any effect on weapon and equipment levels? 72% Federation control makes the system quite safe with no hostiles in sight, should I push this percentage up even more?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Planet Classes and Store Stocks

Post by Vice »

Economy type also effects equipment. In fact, some equipment items will only be found in/near sectors with specific 'tech' economy type planets (in conjunction with a high enough tech level). So for equipment, both are factors. For weapons, the tech level is the factor, so the higher that rating, the higher the level of weapons will become available. There are some items that are mounted on secondary hardpoints that need a tech economy type planet and high enough tech level, including fuel, shield, and recharge packs.

No, territory control has no impact on available equipment and weapon levels. 72% provides a high safety margin, but doesn't need to be raised further for inventory.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations