My Top 10 things to do in Evochron!

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
DeathTech
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

My Top 10 things to do in Evochron!

Post by DeathTech »

Hey guys!

Yesterday I released a video on Top 10 things to do in Evochron on youtube.
It was a request from another video but I thought I would just share this video here: https://youtu.be/E4Tc_33HUc4
And ask everyone else.

What would you say are cool interesting things to do in Evochron? (Except for the obvious usual suspects) e.g mining, contracts,...

Just interested at what everyone else thinks.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: My Top 10 things to do in Evochron!

Post by Marvin »

The video indicates that you're talking about the top 10 things to do in Legacy but your video capture of the terrain walker (TW) section (perhaps other sections too ... but it's obvious in the TW section) is of an earlier game ... I think Mercenary. You can tell by the ship and city designs.

As for other things to do in Legacy, try (1) doing one or more of the quests or (2) try your hand at scripting your own quest.

P.S. I like this idea of listing, TV-style, things you can do in Evochron. ;)
DeathTech
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DeathTech »

Marvin wrote:The video indicates that you're talking about the top 10 things to do in Legacy but your video capture of the terrain walker (TW) section (perhaps other sections too ... but it's obvious in the TW section) is of an earlier game ... I think Mercenary. You can tell by the ship and city designs.
Yeah that is from Evochron Mercenary. It was to showcase the idea of the terrain walker as people who don't get very far into the game have no idea there is even a ground vehicle.
All other footage was recorded by yours truly so that's all Evochron Legacy.

I thought it would be nice to see what others think and maybe I can make more videos like it to kind of sum up ALL the things to do in Evochron. (except for the painfully obvious ones)

Any idea's are always welcome. :3
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

The cities in Legacy are far better than those in Mercenary. If you get a chance, you might want to re-do that part of the video. :P
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

This is based a list created for EM but a lot of it is still relevant.

I guess that what is thought of as obvious depends on the person doing the thinking. There is a lot more to do in EL (and varied ways of doing things) but this might spark a few ideas. I've deleted the obvious obvious ones and those that are no longer relevant (for example to do with clans) ;D

1. learn to survive combat - the new AI are really mean
2. hone your combat skills, then do the hard combat contracts solo - many bragging rights!
3. go to Sol system, also Riftspace and Vonari space and the Andromeda Galaxy and find the Actarians ... but as with the Vonari don't waste your breath trying to talk to them!

5. learn to use the Weapon Lab and then write a tutorial to help the rest of us!

10. find an uncharted system with a planet or two and upgrade the technical level in one part of it. You have just created a trading system where decent profits can be made in a quiet environment for newer players (or for you!) Post its location in the forum as part of a treasure hunt or cryptic clues ... if I understand it correctly this is still possible in EL

13. fly around and help newbie (but not only newbie) pilots (SAR missions and general help and assistance)
14. explore,looking for new systems on your own (using a deploy constructor which you can use both for refuelling, and the sensor array which helps you scan the present sector for other AI and human ships) or look for strange artifacts or
15. just load up the coordinates from the hidden systems already found by other players and go there, see what's there. Just because a pilot found it doesn’t mean they’ve explored it!

17. find all the places that sell a Stealth Generator - the reusable sort and other bits of hard to find equipment (like TW's in EL) and U2U the locations to me please ::)
18. there are hundreds of uncharted systems, several asteroid caves with a variety of goodies inside, wrecks with goodies inside and other wonders to seek
19. try flying straight through a trade station @ >4000. Don’t forget to switch of auto-docking first (alt-F3 toggles it) or you’ll end up smeared on your windscreen as you stop dead!
20. in MP visit the server (9999,9999,9999) and say thank you in person to the person hosting your fun. Leave a station there for future visitors to have a coffee and refuel
21. run your own MP server - create a Universe that's a bit different
22. try doing contracts in different ways (try a scanning contract without firing a shot)
23. organise community activities like a "last man standing" competition or treasure hunt or PvP contest
24. if you have the flair, turn some of your adventures into stories for others to enjoy or do the player created quests and write a story about it - the community loves FanFic but writers are few and far between
25. create a quest - there are people who will help you code it and beta test it when you've got the story line sorted.
26. check out some of the "facts" bandied about on the forum; how long can a C1 particle cannon fire for non-stop. Does it depend on the frame? How does it compare to a C10 etc Does a beam weapon really hammer shields? Does a beam weapon really not touch hulls? Where's the sweet spot for taking a capital ship down?

28. create the ultimate cannon and/or missile in the Weapon Lab - sell it for fame and fortune or just brag about it!
29. organise a combat contest in the atmosphere of a planet or on the surface (TW vs ship; ship vs ship; TW vs TW.) Or just hang around in a hostile system and fight whoever shows up
30. organise a combat contest in an asteroid cave – Last Man Standing
31. learn how to jump through the wormhole found in the centre of many blackholes (though not all!) – really satisfying if you can work it out for yourself
32. be a tourist and possibly create a tourist guide or coffee table book of the wonders you discover (beware of creating a spoiler though – a piccy or vid to wet the appetite but no details of locations or names

34. become really really rich. It can be quite therapeutic! However, no-one has ever become rich enough to bribe Vice

Any other suggestions are welcome!

:)
DeathTech
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DeathTech »

Dang DaveK you really smashed me with the list didn't you. :3
Thank you kindly.