SteamVR

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Delta99
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

SteamVR

Post by Delta99 »

Vice, any thoughts on NOT using SteamVR? Or supporting Oculus directly. Seems like lots of games are going this way and typically it elevates a ton of problems that SteamVR seem to introduce. I know this is likely an investment in time but not sure how much considering other devs seem to add it pretty quick. It could turn out to be relatively simple but I'm just guessing.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SteamVR

Post by Vice »

Delta99 wrote:Vice, any thoughts on NOT using SteamVR? Or supporting Oculus directly. Seems like lots of games are going this way and typically it elevates a ton of problems that SteamVR seem to introduce. I know this is likely an investment in time but not sure how much considering other devs seem to add it pretty quick. It could turn out to be relatively simple but I'm just guessing.
I take it you mean 'alleviates'? No, there are no plans to change it at all at this point. It is not relatively simple (for the reasons I've posted about before) for me and things were breaking at a faster rate with the Oculus system when it was in place than with SteamVR. Conditions and considerations are still the same as they were when I posted here: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtop ... 27&t=13031

If anything changes (for the better), I'll announce it.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Delta99
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Re: SteamVR

Post by Delta99 »

Understandable.