Station modules

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
YaroslavUSSR
Ensign
Ensign

Station modules

Post by YaroslavUSSR »

Hello! I'm going to construct my first station in uncharted space. Very minimalistic, only necessary number of modules so that station will be able to withstand AI attacks. The question is:
-how many modules can be supported by 1 power module (including weapon turrets),
-how many modules can be supported by 1 crew quarters module,
-the same question about storage module?
Does positioning of shield and power modules really matter except cosmetics purposes?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Station modules

Post by Vice »

-how many modules can be supported by 1 power module (including weapon turrets),
As many as you can fit within range (~5K). It varies because some of the modules are different sizes. And you'll also want to space weapon turrets out a bit so they aren't obstructed by other nearby modules.
-how many modules can be supported by 1 crew quarters module,
Again, as many as you can fit within range for the modules that depend on them. If a build dependency is not met for a crew condition, the game will generally let you know before you build so you can place a crew module, then continue.
-the same question about storage module?
Same conditions.
Does positioning of shield and power modules really matter except cosmetics purposes?
It can. You can shelter them from attack better by building around them, stack them together for added redundant benefit, and place them in a central location with dependent modules around them for a more efficient and/or compact design.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Good questions. We (IM) usually start with the command module, then add one of each of the other units. Then more turrets to protect the station (or city) with a shield placed nearby. We then check to see if all the turrets are lit ... if not, we add a power unit. When another type of unit is necessary to support more turrets or power, the chat window warns of the fact ... and we add it. But we've never really bothered to "plan" a new station (or city) according to specific build requirements.
YaroslavUSSR
Ensign
Ensign

Post by YaroslavUSSR »

That's very useful information. Thank you! I want my station constructed with minimum number of modules because the less modules it has the more FPS my laptop displays. I never forget LOLstation in Fauston system (I don't remember on what server I have seen it) which looks like enormous borg cube and drops my FPS to unplayable level. :)